Duquette - "We'll be active on the trade front." (Buyers)

TonySoprano

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck mentioned it's hard to make trades when people are asking for guys who are part of your present plan. (ie Manny, Schoop, Gausman).</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">July 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy just getting Parra. I'd be really happy if we got Parra and Reddick/Murphy/Byrd/Lind type. We just need to fill the two holes in the lineup.

1 Parra LF L

2 Machado 3B R

3 Davis RF L

4 Jones CF R

5 Lind 1B L

6 Wieters C S

7 Hardy SS R

8 Parades DH S

9 Schoop 2B R

Joseph, Flaherty, Reimold, Snider

Getting Parra and Lind from the Brewers wouldn't cost that much. Both are going to be FA's. The Brewers shouldn't offer them Q.O.'s. We don't need the sexy names. We just need the two holes filled. :scratchchinhmm: Reimold can play instead of Parades. He could bump Davis to 1B and Lind to DH. Would the Brewers turn this deal down?

Wright

Garcia

Lough (parra replacement)

Parm (lind replacement)

2nd rd comp pick B

Who cares if they won't take Parm or Snider. We could replace them with a 2nd tier guy like Urrutia, Yaz, G.Davis or a low level minor leaguer. They get a potential starter with Wright, a high upside back of the bullpen type in Garcia, Lough, and a draft pick. It's not really that far fetched.

I'd be happy just getting Parra. I'd be really happy if we got Parra and Reddick/Murphy/Byrd/Lind type. We just need to fill the two holes in the lineup.

1 Parra LF L

2 Machado 3B R

3 Davis RF L

4 Jones CF R

5 Lind 1B L

6 Wieters C S

7 Hardy SS R

8 Parades DH S

9 Schoop 2B R

Joseph, Flaherty, Reimold, Snider

Getting Parra and Lind from the Brewers wouldn't cost that much. Both are going to be FA's. The Brewers shouldn't offer them Q.O.'s. We don't need the sexy names. We just need the two holes filled. :scratchchinhmm: Reimold can play instead of Parades. He could bump Davis to 1B and Lind to DH. Would the Brewers turn this deal down?

Wright

Garcia

Lough (parra replacement)

Parm (lind replacement)

2nd rd comp pick B

Who cares if they won't take Parm or Snider. We could replace them with a 2nd tier guy like Urrutia, Yaz, G.Davis or a low level minor leaguer. They get a potential starter with Wright, a high upside back of the bullpen type in Garcia, Lough, and a draft pick. It's not really that far fetched.

Pretty far fetched if you ask me, that package doesn't come close.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck mentioned it's hard to make trades when people are asking for guys who are part of your present plan. (ie Manny, Schoop, Gausman).</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

I find it hard to believe that a GM asked for Machado in a trade. I know all deals have to start somewhere and you have to start negotiating really high, but you'd have to be really high to ask for him. That's a lie.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck mentioned it's hard to make trades when people are asking for guys who are part of your present plan. (ie Manny, Schoop, Gausman).</p>? Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

And that is what happens when you have a barren system. Teams can do better unless they're willing to deal from this group. We have nothing else in the cupboard that anyone wants.

And that is what happens when you have a barren system. Teams can do better unless they're willing to deal from this group. We have nothing else in the cupboard that anyone wants.

You don't think Mancini is a top 50 prospect in all of baseball right now? Just because he wasn't on a preseason list. Plus Jomar Reyes and Chance Sisco will be top 100 guys too.

Thats because we do not have anybody in our minor league system that has any real trade value. Harvey and Bundy have little to no value because of the injury issues. We are not the Kansas City Royals. We do not have two top 100 pitching prospects to trade, much less two top 100 pitching prospects to trade leaving us 3 more still in the system. We have managed ourselves into a hole. We absolutely cannot be buyers, we have no currency to buy with. This team has two choices. Stand pat and hope to get hot, or sell. Period.

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
"We don't have an Eduardo Rodriguez to trade this year." -Buck Showalter
#Orioles
#MLB
? Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli)
July 28, 2015

Pack it in folks. This deadline is tooooast.

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Good thing we don't need to make a deal for the best reliever on the market this year. Those things are pricey.

You don't think Mancini is a top 50 prospect in all of baseball right now? Just because he wasn't on a preseason list. Plus Jomar Reyes and Chance Sisco will be top 100 guys too.

Realistically, it'd be extremely hard to be a top 50 prospect while being a 23 year old in AA. Because of age, I'd think Sisco's probably a higher ranked prospect than Mancini.

No, I don't think Mancini ends up top 50. He wasn't on midseason lists either. The discipline is still bad and he's not young for AA. I also think Sisco remains out of the top 100 and Reyes has upside but hasn't played much this year and wouldn't be the centerpiece of any deal.

There's a good reason the O's system is pretty unanimously ranked near the bottom of the league.

Archived