This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been enjoying the last four years. Sorry you haven't been enjoying it.

That ALCS sweep in 2014 felt GREAT!

The massively disappointing season in 2013 where we couldn't even make the playoffs despite incredible numbers from Chris Davis felt GREAT!

The utter lack of any offense in the 2012 ALDS was a JOY to watch!

That ALCS sweep in 2014 felt GREAT!

The massively disappointing season in 2013 where we couldn't even make the playoffs despite incredible numbers from Chris Davis felt GREAT!

The utter lack of any offense in the 2012 ALDS was a JOY to watch!

The season ends poorly for 29 of 30 teams. I enjoy watching the whole season, this team has been worth watching the last four years.

Same cast of characters plus a couple new ones were pretty quiet when we beat Oakland 4 straight a week ago. This is becoming tedious and predictable.

Another look at the standings shows Seattle, and Nelson Cruz, 10 games under .500. This time last year they were 10 games above .500, so there's a 20 game change in the wrong direction with Cruz. Is he responsible for that? Of course not. But some will have you believe he's more responsible for this team than the one he plays for now. Maybe they can explain that. Anyone? Bueller?

I bet we would be that much closer to the Yanks with him here. I know I know if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle but seriously think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure it is possible. But I think the "Cruz would fix everything" crowd forget that Paredes replaces Cruz and basically carried this team for a month earlier in the season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sure it is possible. But I think the "Cruz would fix everything" crowd forget that Paredes replaces Cruz and basically carried this team for a month earlier in the season.

Cruz doesn't fix everything but we are better with Cruz then without him. Also I would have made a strong push to bring Miller back.

And here's something if you are going to let a good run producer like Cruz walk you replace with talent not a bunch of AAAA guys.

As for Parades yea he had a month but wouldn't you give his good month up for a hell of a year from Cruz?

If your thinking is a season is only fun when it ends in a championship, then it's been just as much torture to be a fan of the Rays, Indians, Tigers, Royals, Mariners, Rangers, Athletics, Astros, Mets, Nationals, Pirates, Cubs, Brewers, Dodgers, Padres, or Rockies, none of whom have won squat since the '80s. That's over half the teams in baseball.

Same cast of characters plus a couple new ones were pretty quiet when we beat Oakland 4 straight a week ago. This is becoming tedious and predictable.

Another look at the standings shows Seattle, and Nelson Cruz, 10 games under .500. This time last year they were 10 games above .500, so there's a 20 game change in the wrong direction with Cruz. Is he responsible for that? Of course not. But some will have you believe he's more responsible for this team than the one he plays for now. Maybe they can explain that. Anyone? Bueller?

Even during the Oak series have you seen the OF the O's send out there nightly?

Cruz doesn't fix everything but we are better with Cruz then without him. Also I would have made a strong push to bring Miller back.

And here's something if you are going to let a good run producer like Cruz walk you replace with talent not a bunch of AAAA guys.

As for Parades yea he had a month but wouldn't you give his good month up for a hell of a year from Cruz?

Sure. I dont disagree with much here.

But Cruz is having a career year. After having a career year last year. I dont even think the keep him crowd expected him to be this good this year. Same as even the most negative couldnt have expected Norris to be so awful.

Archived