Who Will Take Ownership Of LF This Year?

sfosfan

Who Will Step Up in LF This Year?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Step Up in LF This Year?

• Nolan Reimold
    • David Lough
    • Travis Snyder
    • Daniel Alvarez
    • New Guy From Trade
    • Nobody

We need to make a decision on him, hard to do if you play him every 3rd game. Seems like Buck has already decided he's a nice 4th or 5th outfielder. But our farm is too weak to trade for another underperforming veteran imo.

I understand that Lough is a fine 4th/5h OF and he can capably lay CF. but if we were really trying t win this year I don't understand the fascination with keeping this guy. I'm already in record as saying I'd just keep De Aza over him earlier in the year. If they're looking at Justin Upton they must think we have some viable assets in our farm system.

I understand that Lough is a fine 4th/5h OF and he can capably lay CF. but if we were really trying t win this year I don't understand the fascination with keeping this guy. I'm already in record as saying I'd just keep De Aza over him earlier in the year. If they're looking at Justin Upton they must think we have some viable assets in our farm system.

If we have viable assets, we should keep them. We are one game over .500 and set to lose a lot of good players over the offseason. We need to think long term. I have no desire to win it this year and have 15 years of crap.

If we have viable assets, we should keep them. We are one game over .500 and set to lose a lot of good players over the offseason. We need to think long term. I have no desire to win it this year and have 15 years of crap.

Ehh, I'm not crazy about trading farm system assets this year, but we can easily make the playoffs this year imo. I also don't think winning this year equates to 15 years of crap. The next few days and the specifics will have a lot to do with my opinion though.

Ehh, I'm not crazy about trading farm system assets this year, but we can easily make the playoffs this year imo. I also don't think winning this year equates to 15 years of crap. The next few days and the specifics will have a lot to do with my opinion though.

The devil is in the details. Always. I just don't see DD as being 10 times smarter than his trading partner, unless maybe we trade for a Phillie:)

The guy that excites me the most out of this group is David Lough because he brings something to the table that the other guys dont: speed. Unfortunately he is the most frustrating player on the team to watch because he has the worst plate approach on the team (worse than parades) and cannot use his speed to steal bases. He would be such a great leadoff hitter if he could pick up his BA and translate his speed to SB's

Archived