Who Will Take Ownership Of LF This Year?

sfosfan

Who Will Step Up in LF This Year?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Step Up in LF This Year?

• Nolan Reimold
    • David Lough
    • Travis Snyder
    • Daniel Alvarez
    • New Guy From Trade
    • Nobody

Buck has made it clear he wants someone to step up. Who will it be?

I chose a new guy from a trade. No one has made a case for himself.

But I also think Buck playing this marry go round might not be fair to give one guy a chance to nail down the starting everyday job.

Although not a choice - maybe give Pearce the job and tell him its his to lose

:noidea:

I chose a new guy from a trade. No one has made a case for himself.

But I also think Buck playing this marry go round might not be fair to give one guy a chance to nail down the starting everyday job.

Although not a choice - maybe give Pearce the job and tell him its his to lose

:noidea:

It's funny that Showalter wants someone to step up and take over LF, but how does someone do that if they are not given a chance to play more than a couple consecutive games? Reimold only gets to play if the O's a facing a LH pitcher, and the minute a RH reliever is brought in, Showalter sends up a PH for him. I'm not sure how low Parmalee's BA has to go before Showalter quits putting him in the lineup 5 or 6 days each week. Maybe they should bench Parmalee, put Davis back at first, and let Snider and Reimold play regularly for a while and make them prove they shouldn't be playing regularly. At least then, in Reimold's case, an informed decision can be made as to whether he should even be on the ML roster.

Is "no one" an option? Hard to take ownership of something you can only borrow for 1 game at a time, with what seems to be a maximum of 2-3 days per week. As far as I'm concerned, whomever has whatever historical numbers against the opponents pitcher will own the spot for the day. It's essentially a time share position.

It's funny that Showalter wants someone to step up and take over LF, but how does someone do that if they are not given a chance to play more than a couple consecutive games? Reimold only gets to play if the O's a facing a LH pitcher, and the minute a RH reliever is brought in, Showalter sends up a PH for him. I'm not sure how low Parmalee's BA has to go before Showalter quits putting him in the lineup 5 or 6 days each week. Maybe they should bench Parmalee, put Davis back at first, and let Snider and Reimold play regularly for a while and make them prove they shouldn't be playing regularly. At least then, in Reimold's case, an informed decision can be made as to whether he should even be on the ML roster.

Pretty much. Add playing Delmon Young for too many games against RHP earlier in the year.

Pretty much. Add playing Delmon Young for too many games against RHP earlier in the year.

I voted nobody. I would be in favor of playing Lough every day for a month but Buck is simply not going to do it. We don't have enough depth in the minors to make a big move, we are who we are. We will continue the way we have been coninuing imho

I voted nobody. I would be in favor of playing Lough every day for a month but Buck is simply not going to do it. We don't have enough depth in the minors to make a big move, we are who we are. We will continue the way we have been coninuing imho

Ehh, nearly every one of the COF guys underperformed earlier in the year. Not a big Lough fan.

Ehh, nearly every one of the COF guys underperformed earlier in the year. Not a big Lough fan.

We need to make a decision on him, hard to do if you play him every 3rd game. Seems like Buck has already decided he's a nice 4th or 5th outfielder. But our farm is too weak to trade for another underperforming veteran imo.

Archived