Orioles interested in Justin Upton, others

jamesenoch

Justin Upton is a name that is going to get paid more then he's worth in free agency next year. More then we should pay, which makes him a rental. We can ill afford trading more prospects for rentals. Pass.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Baseball execs believe <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tigers?src=hash">#Tigers</a> will sell at trade deadline, move Price, Cespedes. GM Dombrowski says no decision yet. <a href="http://t.co/1nAgU2VwCQ">http://t.co/1nAgU2VwCQ</a></p>? Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="
">July 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would pretty much give anything within reason for Price.

More of Boston's superior organizational pitching development I guess.

They are now full sellers. Who would you want from that team as they dismantle? Or do you stand on principle and not assist them in getting out from their contract atrocities?

They are now full sellers. Who would you want from that team as they dismantle? Or do you stand on principle and not assist them in getting out from their contract atrocities?

Yeah, why give them any of our valued prospects. To be honest there's not much to like there and the ones I like (Pedrioa, Betts, Boegarts) probably wouldn't be tradeable or aren't really needed. I suppose Miley, Tazawa and Koji might interest me and would be affordable.

Yeah, why give them any of our valued prospects. To be honest there's not much to like there and the ones I like (Pedrioa, Betts, Boegarts) probably wouldn't be tradeable or aren't really needed. I suppose Miley, Tazawa and Koji might interest me and would be affordable.

I can see Koji. That would make sense.

I like winning as many ball games this year as possible. Rent away. Just rent well.

Ugh, we need to build the farm, not deplete it. I'd rather take our lumps this year and do nothing. I'm not advocating selling, I'm just not advocating buying.

Ugh, we need to build the farm, not deplete it. I'd rather take our lumps this year and do nothing. I'm not advocating selling, I'm just not advocating buying.

The boss (DD) thinks we have built up the farm and have assets to trade. They may not be great assets but he thinks we do have assets to spare and to help the team win. We'll have to see.

The boss (DD) thinks we have built up the farm and have assets to trade. They may not be great assets but he thinks we do have assets to spare and to help the team win. We'll have to see.

The boss could be wrong. Like he was wrong with ERod for Miller. This team simply isn't good enough to add one piece and be assured of anything.

We're looking at as many as 8 draft picks in the top 75 of the draft next year. That's how you replenish the farm system. Which has been underrated the last few years.We're one of the youngest teams in baseball. This is the type of team that you want to supplement via trade. With young superstars in their primes. It's not like we're an old team with bad contracts. I'd rather trade a 23 year old "prospect" knowing that DD can just sign a minor league free agent with equal talent that is 26.

Archived