vs. YANKEES, 7/22

OFFNY

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So heres the question. Why isn't he a 'head case" for the Cubs instead of being probably their best pitcher?

I thought all along Jake's issues with us were mental. Who knows? Maybe getting dealt he finally realize he had to change? Maybe he wasn't comfortable here?

My point is that if Kevin doesn't have good command then why is it and has it been a "must" that he is in the rotation? There is learning in the big leagues but you should have your feet under you before you get here.

Totally agree. Maybe instead of shoving him in the bullpen, they let him pitch in the minors.

When's the last time Buck or Dan developed a top young pitcher? Seriously, somebody answer that question for me. For Buck, you probably have go back to Andy Pettitte with the Yankees in the mid '90s. For Dan, it's probably Pedro Martinez with the Expos. And people wonder why the pitching development in this organization is a mess.

When's the last time Buck or Dan developed a top young pitcher? Seriously, somebody answer that question for me. For Buck, you probably have go back to Andy Pettitte with the Yankees in the mid '90s. For Dan, it's probably Pedro Martinez with the Expos. And people wonder why the pitching development in this organization is a mess.

Whole division hasn't developed much in last 25 years except Tampa. Since Pettite who have the Yanks developed? The Jays Halladay since Stieb and Key. The Red Sox Lester since Clemens.

Whole division hasn't developed much in last 25 years except Tampa. Since Pettite who have the Yanks developed? The Jays Halladay since Stieb and Key. The Red Sox Lester since Clemens.

I was going to say the same thing. Even the fabled ERod has been non-phenomenal of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Maybe instead of shoving him in the bullpen, they let him pitch in the minors.

What other options do we have that are knocking down the the door. I don't have a lot of faith in Gausman but I rather have him in there than Norris. Wright already got his chance. Wilson doesn't have the stuff and Davies isn't ready.

Archived