Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crickets as far as Orioles rumors go.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/san-diego-padres-went-2015-160300190.html

Agreed. I live in SD and buzz in SoCal and national media is the padres need to get younger. No way in hell Upton is back so he's gone.

Cashner is the biggest enigma. He's yet to learn how to pitch to his live arm. I think they are done being patient with him.

Dumbest move was trading rizzo; they had to have known that A-Gon was as good as gone.

They need to recoup prospect pool; already gave up Joe Ross and Trea Turner to Nats in a dumb trade

.800 OPS hitters are not nearly as common in baseball now as they used to be.

Here's a guy who's 34, on the last year of his deal, and putting up an .800 OPS in that hitter's wonderland that is Oakland.

He should come very cheap, will not require us to commit any dollars to him for '16 and beyond if we don't want to.......and he fills a big hole in our roster.

We have exactly 3 guys on our team right now hitting as well as Zobrist (or better). It's well documented that we've been awful at the corner OF spots.

LF - .616 OPS (just unacceptable)

RF - .770 OPS (this is kind of misleading as we've been running Davis out there recently who's been hitting well......which really has been a neutral move since it's meant more Parmelee in the lineup. We're helping Peter by robbing Paul or I think that's what Buck always says). ;)

Stick Zobrist in one of those spots and call it a day. Get Davis back at 1B. Time's running out here.

Trade Chris Davis to the Cards for Piscotty

Flip Piscotty and another prospect (or the comp B pick?) for Jay Bruce

It's basically standing pat for this year (Bruce and Crush have strikingly similar numbers). But it gives the Orioles a lefty MOO bat for next season at 13 mill that can be extended a QO after 2016. Lose some roster flexibility for the stretch run and would have to rely on the struggling bats Parm/Pearce/Flash/etc at 1B.

I don't know what the market is for Bruce but I'd think a major league ready top 100 prospect that fits instantly into RF would be a good piece. Of course the Cardinals would hate the Orioles for moving Piscotty right back into their divison.

Obviously this conjecture is meaningless - and i don't know the restrictions MLB puts on trades (comp picks, etc.) but I've became enchanted by the idea of having Bruce in an Orioles uniform too.

I have quite a few friends who are Reds fans and they'd love to see Jay Bruce in an Orioles uniform too. He frustrates them to no end with his hot and cold streaks.

Trade Chris Davis to the Cards for Piscotty

Flip Piscotty and another prospect (or the comp B pick?) for Jay Bruce

It's basically standing pat for this year (Bruce and Crush have strikingly similar numbers). But it gives the Orioles a lefty MOO bat for next season at 13 mill that can be extended a QO after 2016. Lose some roster flexibility for the stretch run and would have to rely on the struggling bats Parm/Pearce/Flash/etc at 1B.

I don't know what the market is for Bruce but I'd think a major league ready top 100 prospect that fits instantly into RF would be a good piece. Of course the Cardinals would hate the Orioles for moving Piscotty right back into their divison.

Obviously this conjecture is meaningless - and i don't know the restrictions MLB puts on trades (comp picks, etc.) but I've became enchanted by the idea of having Bruce in an Orioles uniform too.

It is highly unlikely that 2.5 months of Chris Davis returns a guy that is MLB ready and most prospects lists have in the 50-70 area.

I think Zobrist's value is as a 2B/SS. That's where his makes the biggest difference on defense and his offense is better than average. To me he is a replacement level corner OF, not that much better than the guys we have. Not worth trading for in a year that we should probably be sellers rather than buyers.

By wRC+ he's been better than all of our hitters except Manny. I've always liked Zobrist. His defense seems to have fallen off a cliff however. I'm also fairly certain a lot of teams would be in on him and just about everyone has more to offer than the O's do.

A lot of teams could use Zobrist - probably moreso than the O's. I would not be willing to pay the price it'd likely take to get him - just to have a slightly better chance of competing for the final wild card spot.

I'm game for any reasonable trade as long as the cost is appropriate. Zobrist is worth maybe a win over the rest of the season. He'll be paid for... what... about a win? If the A's want a random 10-20 ranked organizational prospect, sure, why not? I'd guess some other team will bid more, but that's just a guess. Maybe it would be helpful to have him already here if he was going to be a target in the offseason, but I don't know if I want to commit long-term to a 34-year-old coming off his worst year since 2008.

Archived