Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not last year you would not have. No one would have. Finnegan was the number 17 pick.

I hated the trade last year. Go back to the Miller trade thread. I'm probably most vocal. And however EdRod might have fallen, I still just don't see it with Finnegan. You say he's the 17th pick, but so what? Bullpen arms can be taken in the first round. That almost looks like why KC drafted him. He was just add water ready to join their big league squad and contribute that season. But at no point last year or this year has he really struck me as the "17th pick." That's why I'm asking. Forget EdRod, what is it I'm not seeing with this Son of Erin?

Didn't we light him up in the playoffs? And the Giants did too?

He was good in first two rounds, not impressive against Baltimore, and very bad against San Fran.

A's/Angels -- 4 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO

Orioles -- .1 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 SO

Giants -- 1.2 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO

We have gotten to him several times I think. Like Toronto has Gausman.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with getting lit up. I didn't mean that as a shot against his potential, I just didn't understand how that performance would be what people were getting excited about. If he has upside that makes people excited, that should exist independent of his playoff performance, because that wasn't that good if I'm remembering correctly (which I could be mistaken).

Yeah' date=' there's nothing wrong with getting lit up. I didn't mean that as a shot against his potential, I just didn't understand how that performance would be what people were getting excited about. If he has upside that makes people excited, that should exist independent of his playoff performance, because that wasn't that good if I'm remembering correctly (which I could be mistaken).[/quote']

He was the number 17 pick last year. Last year. He is something.

This is SO much worse than Miller. SO MUCH.

Even if it is "so much" more. It could be said that two months of a starter is so much more than two months of a reliever. And still, the point remains, if they win a World Series, and cueto plays a big part, aren't you cool with that? I feel like if roles were switched and the orioles made this move in a similar situation you may be singing a different tune.

Archived