Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

Even if it is "so much" more. It could be said that two months of a starter is so much more than two months of a reliever. And still, the point remains, if they win a World Series, and cueto plays a big part, aren't you cool with that? I feel like if roles were switched and the orioles made this move in a similar situation you may be singing a different tune.

Very good post. Thank you. I would not have been happy trading Gausman and Harvey and Givens for him though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not last year you would not have. No one would have. Finnegan was the number 17 pick.

Dude, sir, it is just false to say no one would prefer ERod to Finnegan mid-season last year. Most years the 17 pick isn't close to a top 100 prospect, and many many in the industry never bought in to Finnegan sticking as a starter. He had shoulder issues last spring, to boot.

Very good post. Thank you. I would not have been happy trading Gausman and Harvey and Givens for him though.

Homey, your honor, there isn't anyone close to a Gausman or a healthy Harvey here in the KC deal. Not remotely.

Dude, sir, it is just false to say no one would prefer ERod to Finnegan mid-season last year. Most years the 17 pick isn't close to a top 100 prospect, and many many in the industry never bought in to Finnegan sticking as a starter. He had shoulder issues last spring, to boot.

Ok. Obviously I am dealing with my opinions here. Not facts. So I defer.

Homey, your honor, there isn't anyone close to a Gausman or a healthy Harvey here in the KC deal. Not remotely.

I'm not an expert on prospects like you are but I was surprised to see Cueto go for so little. The Royals got him for a) John Lamb, 24 year old repeating AAA ball (Royals version of Mike Wright?) b) Brandon Finnegan, a reliever who has great stuff but has major control issues (Can't think of an Orioles version of Finnegan, maybe Pedro Strop after the 2012 season) and c) Cody Reed, 22 year old pitcher with a career 4.21 ERA and 1.47 WHIP in the minors (Has very similar number to Brandon Kline). If the Orioles gave up those type of players for Johnny Cueto, all of us would be loving the trade.

I'm not an expert on prospects like you are but I was surprised to see Cueto go for so little. The Royals got him for a) John Lamb, 24 year old repeating AAA ball (Royals version of Mike Wright?) b) Brandon Finnegan, a reliever who has great stuff but has major control issues (Can't think of an Orioles version of Finnegan, maybe Pedro Strop after the 2012 season) and c) Cody Reed, 22 year old pitcher with a career 4.21 ERA and 1.47 WHIP in the minors (Has very similar number to Brandon Kline). If the Orioles gave up those type of players for Johnny Cueto, all of us would be loving the trade.

Did you read the article about Cueto's last start setting off all sorts of alarms?

And I certainly concede Rodriguez when traded did not look like the Rodriguez Boston has been trotting out. He isn't on the same level as a Gausman or a healthy Harvey, either.

Thank you. I know you are very knowledgable. I also was a strong supporter of Rodriguez, even when our FO was getting toasted for not having traded him the offseason before he failed last year. When he still had big value. Opinions. Are just that. BTW, Miranda looked as good last evening as EdRod ever did for me in AA.

Archived