It's Time to Promote Trey Mancini

sportsfan8703

Does this org have anyone who can draw a walk? So frustrating that we can't develop a starter or someone who can get on base. Lots and lots to be desired with our MiLB stuff.

Umm...no we don't. At least, no one that's close to being in Baltimore anytime soon.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this org have anyone who can draw a walk? So frustrating that we can't develop a starter or someone who can get on base. Lots and lots to be desired with our MiLB stuff.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Urrutia with 30 walks already this year. That would make him third on our team. .290/.344/.394/.738. Leadoff hitter opening day 2016?

Another huge night for Mancini. It's getting laughable. 3-4, BB, 2B. The guy has 47 XBH in 93 games. Those our Albert Belle type numbers. You see a team like the Mets call up Conforto. Mancini has better AA numbers and is a year older. We need to start looking at Norfolk a little differently. It's a huge park with a 15 ft high wall in the OF. How many line drive HR's is that turning into doubles. Look at C.Walker for example. When evaluating guys from Norfolk, I think you have to consider that for pitchers and hitters. This team needs a major shakeup and that should be DFA'ing Reimold, Snider and Parm, and replacing them with Mancini, Walker and Alvarez. A little off topic but I'd sell everyone and go with a lineup like this...

1 Parades LF

2 Clevenger C

3 Machado 3B

4 Jones CF

5 Mancini 1B

6 Alvarez RF

7 Schoop 2B

8 Hardy SS

9 Walker DH

Flaherty, Joseph, Lough, Urrutia

Yes, I am a Mancini fan too! I saw him in Myrtle Beach couple of times when he was at Frederick. It was like those games you had in Little League where there are all the regular kids, then there is the huge, talented kid who hits hrs every.time up. He was a beast among boys at Frederick. He has a very, very short, quick stroke that is beautiful to watch. I think he is going to zoom past Christian Walker by next spring.

I think that's a great point. Can the Orioles get Norfolk to move their fences in so that we can truly evaluate what is out there? Maybe Mancini can be a September call-up after we trade Davis?

They already moved the fences in.

There are more factors then just fence placement.

Archived