Lefty in the 2016 Rotation

backwardsk

Do we need one? If so, we'd likely have to go outside of the organization.

Who and how?

If Buehrle is not offered a QO, would you sign him for 2 years?

Brett Anderson and his injury risk?

Sign Price to half billion or whatever he gets?

Go internal and convert Britton? Roll the dice with McFarland or Miranda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see Britton converted back to a starter. I know the "if it's not broke" argument and don't generally disagree but Britton could be one of our best starters and that holds a lot more weight in the long run.

Sorry, I have no confidence Britton would make a good starter at this point. Let him throw 96-97 with that sinker.

No, the team won't need one in the rotation next year, especially if the lefties in the bullpen are strong. Saint Louis for example was ready to roll with Adam Wainwright, John Lackey, Carlos Martinez, Michael Wacha and Lance Lynn this year. Wainwright's injury brought Jaime Garcia back to the rotation and they didn't miss a beat -- but they're very RH heavy, they're just really good pitchers.

Do we need one? If so, we'd likely have to go outside of the organization.

Who and how?

If Buehrle is not offered a QO, would you sign him for 2 years?

Brett Anderson and his injury risk?

Sign Price to half billion or whatever he gets?

Go internal and convert Britton? Roll the dice with McFarland or Miranda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ariel Miranda? T.J. McFarland?

Incidentally I like the Buehrle idea but I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least get a QO. Mark has always been horribly underrated and I don't think age is an issue with the proverbial "crafty lefty". He could seriously finish with over 250 career wins if he hangs around.

So, if he somehow doesn't get a QO and hits free agency, I'd be all over him with that two year deal. He'd admirably replace Chen.

Incidentally I like the Buehrle idea but I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least get a QO. Mark has always been horribly underrated and I don't think age is an issue with the proverbial "crafty lefty". He could seriously finish with over 250 career wins if he hangs around.

So, if he somehow doesn't get a QO and hits free agency, I'd be all over him with that two year deal. He'd admirably replace Chen.

I like that idea too (assuming no QO attached).

This is what I was thinking. People are going to learn his name really fast because he's one of our under the radar, secret weapons for September. You know DD is just sitting there like just let me get to September 1st with this team in the hunt.

He really looked good when I saw him and he handed righthander Ryan Zimmerman with ease.

Are there any rotations without a lefty in the big leagues? Just wondering.

The Indians don't. The Twins have not had one at times but have had Milone start a fair share of games. In the NL the Red and Brewers do not have one.

Archived