WHAT are the O's trade rumors.

fastball

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they are not going to trade for someone, then I think they should trade someone away. Doesn't really make sense to not do SOMETHING. I just don't think the team is good enough as is. I understand that we will get draft picks for Davis, Weirers, and Chen if they all walk at the end of the year, but there is no guarantee that the draft picks will 1. Sign; 2. Amount to anything.

Agreed. I don't know who might give us anything of consequence for Wieters, but it makes perfect sense (to me, anyway) to deal him and at least get something for him. Does anyone really think we have more than, what, a 10% chance of re-signing MW? So if that's the case, the only reason to keep him for the next two months is if we think we have a legit shot at the championship, and without Wieters, we don't. We showed last year that we can win with Joseph behind the plate, so to me it's a no-brainer to deal the one-foot-out-the-door Wieters now.

I think there is very little chance that Duquette stands pat with all that is going on. I expect something tomorrow. Like others I would love to see G. Parra here. Our corner outfield situation needs serious help. It has gotten so bad that Ryan Flaherty has been playing first base. Ugh.

Agreed. I don't know who might give us anything of consequence for Wieters, but it makes perfect sense (to me, anyway) to deal him and at least get something for him. Does anyone really think we have more than, what, a 10% chance of re-signing MW? So if that's the case, the only reason to keep him for the next two months is if we think we have a legit shot at the championship, and without Wieters, we don't. We showed last year that we can win with Joseph behind the plate, so to me it's a no-brainer to deal the one-foot-out-the-door Wieters now.

He will be given a qualifying offer, which he will reject, and the Orioles will receive a compensation pick after the first round, just as they did this year for Cruz.

A name I haven't heard thrown around much that I think could help us is none other than Ben Revere. Before everyone goes overboard, consider that he could address our need at the leadoff position, give the club some speed on the basepaths, and add to athleticism in the outfield. Average to above average defender, would certainly feel better about him at a corner than Snider.

He always hits around .300, steals 30-40 bags (though we don't run much), and best of all I think he could be had for relatively cheap.

He will be given a qualifying offer, which he will reject, and the Orioles will receive a compensation pick after the first round, just as they did this year for Cruz.

And then we will waste the pick and take someone ranked about 30 spots lower in order to save money or some other baffling reason. :rolleyestf:

And then we will waste the pick and take someone ranked about 30 spots lower in order to save money or some other baffling reason. :rolleyestf:

And that's why we have made it to the playoffs only twice in the last three years and are a full game out of the wild card right now, with only 62 games to play.

If they are not going to trade for someone, then I think they should trade someone away. Doesn't really make sense to not do SOMETHING. I just don't think the team is good enough as is. I understand that we will get draft picks for Davis, Weirers, and Chen if they all walk at the end of the year, but there is no guarantee that the draft picks will 1. Sign; 2. Amount to anything.

And draft picks take time to develop. Getting prospects closer to the majors might be better. I guess it depends what the Orioles can get for some of the free agents.

Still think the orioles make one or two moves.

"The Orioles inquired about Dan Haren, though it wanted [some] of the money paid down. So far Miami hasn't offered." Jon Heyman (CBS) http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25254338/inside-baseball-four-serious-suitors-enter-price-derby-more-trade-buzz

That's not happening because loria wants to dump all salary. That guy is something else.

Good thing it won't, haren would get murdered in the AL

Archived