Parra to the Orioles (Done Deal)

TonySoprano

Who Would You Trade For?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Trade For?

• Gerardo Parra - 2 month rental
    • Ben Revere
    • Someone Else (Please name them in the comments)
    • Nobody. Not much worth it on the market.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regardless of DD's stated goal, he doesn't have the luxury of only thinking of the playoff race given the FA situation he faces next year. Parra is a FA in 2016 and not enough of an upgrade over Snider et al to be much of a consideration IMO. Revere brings some skills currently missing on the O's and is controllable beyond 2015. He the better choice between the two IMO, which is different than saying he's the key to the post season in 2015.

But if we're discounting the impact on making the playoffs in 2015, are 2 arb years of Revere worth 6 years of Davies?

Don't know, but not sure I care. The kid can pitch.

I wouldnt do the trade but based on my amateur viewing...he can pitch but gives up a lot of hits and you wonder how much he will struggle against major leaguers.

Jason Berken could sorta pitch too.

I wouldn't do the deal but think he might be overrated by some. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A team that kicked tires on Ben Revere & moved on reports it expects <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Phillies?src=hash">#Phillies</a> to trade him Friday. One club still bat-hunting: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If we're flipping Davies for one of them, it better be Revere.
Why Revere at all? I get he's not a rental, but his numbers paint him as a close to league average hitter with no power. 3 HRs in over 2,400 PAs? 80% of his time in the OF has been in CF and we have that spot well filled. This is what we should surrender a top 10 organization prospect to get? If this is all we can do, I'd rather Dan caught a nap and slept through the deadline.

Why Revere at all? I get he's not a rental, but his numbers paint him as a close to league average hitter with no power. 3 HRs in over 2,400 PAs? 80% of his time in the OF has been in CF and we have that spot well filled. This is what we should surrender a top 10 organization prospect to get? If this is all we can do, I'd rather Dan caught a nap and slept through the deadline.

Not disagreeing with you on this. I just don't want to see us give up a promising pitcher for a rental again.

Well said. DD has officially began frightening me as a trader (caveat: all these rumors are speculation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not disagreeing with you on this. I just don't want to see us give up a promising pitcher for a rental again.
We're agreed on that as well. I said earlier I hope there is not a deal for Parra. Can anyone make a convincing case that we really could use either one, especially at the cost of Zach Davies? If Parra is someone to get, then bid in the offseason. Handshake and make up with Delmon Young before you make either deal.

Amen to this. Rep worthy, but I need to spread some around.

We're agreed on that as well. I said earlier I hope there is not a deal for Parra. Can anyone make a convincing case that we really could use either one, especially at the cost of Zach Davies? If Parra is someone to get, then bid in the offseason. Handshake and make up with Delmon Young before you make either deal.

Parra has a.350 OBP this season and .330 for his career. Could use that at leadoff.

Parramatta has a.350 OBP this season and .330 for his career. Could use that at leadoff.
Will that make a bigger difference for the next two months than leaving Manny and his .360 OBP in the leadoff spot? Paredes, who I'm not saying should bat leadoff, has an OBP of .320 this season. How much of an advantage will Parra's extra 0.030 make over him for the next two months?

Is that really going to push us to the playoffs ahead of Toronto who just swapped out Reyes' .322 OBP with Tulo's .378 along with a much better glove?

Do NOT make either trade, Dan. Take a longer look at Davies and worst case package him in a deal this winter.

I would rather just trade for Nava than Parra. The cost would be significantly less, and Nava may also be the better fit. Nava has a career .377 OBP and 120 wRC+ vs RHP's while Parra is at .339 and 104. In the roles they will be playing, Nava arguably is better (obviously not this season so far) or at least could be better for the remainder of this season.

LF Revere

RF Pearce

3B Machado

CF Jones

1B Davis

C Wieters

DH Nava/Reimold

SS Hardy

2B Schoop

Looks pretty good to me. Or at least better than what they are currently throwing out there. Lind would be a nice pickup as well but would cost a lot. Would be nice to get a bigger impact bat than Revere (Cespedes, Upton, Bruce, or Reddick) but if he can be had for a decent price it could be a good fit considering his speed and the fact that he's about a 2 win player and has been pretty consistent.

Archived