Tommy Hunter to Cubs for Junior Lake (Deal Done)

sipper65

People on Cubs board and Twitter laughing at us, not a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me feel good. There aren't too many groups around that are wrong a higher percentage of the time that Cub fans.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Admittedly, this fan base has been pretty spoiled by guys like O'Day, Miller, and Britton the last two years, so average guys like Hunter (and even Matusz) catch a lot of heat for not being as good as some of the best in the game. I'm guilty of it, too!

My problem with them isn't that they are average, it's that we are paying 8 million-ish dollars for the two of them. When you have the type of payroll that requires you to sell draft picks so teams will pick up a 3 million dollar salary, you can't have that much money tied up into average bullpen arms.

Maybe they think Tommy was actually valuable to us.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That's not true, he was. He throws the gopher ball but def can help Cubs.

Why is Matusz still here?

I'm really confused?

Are we trying to win in 2015?

Picking up another corner OF with zip power (.876 OPS in PCL is below league average) for Tommy Hunter is nothing but a salary dump

If we are dumping salary why did we give up our #8 prospect for a 2 month rental of a league average corner OF'er?

I guess we are trying to lose in 2015 and 2016 and beyond.

It creates roster flexibility in the bullpen.

Now you are trying to act like Hunter was a key part to this team?

I'm really confused?

Are we trying to win in 2015?

Picking up another corner OF with zip power (.876 OPS in PCL is below league average) for Tommy Hunter is nothing but a salary dump

If we are dumping salary why did we give up our #8 prospect for a 2 month rental of a league average corner OF'er?

I guess we are trying to lose in 2015 and 2016 and beyond.

PCL average OPS is .751 and that includes places like Reno and Las Vegas which are teams that Iowa rarely played. .876 is well above average and the second highest on the team, 28th in the league.

Maybe they think Tommy was actually valuable to us.

I think they just soured on Lake. Potential is there, just can't put it together. Like a poor man's Felix Pie. There was one write up from last season saying they should convert him to pitcher.

The O's are six back. If you think Cruz is worth six game thus far this season...

I do. But I am sure u will break out some WAR stats. Doesn't WAR also say Buck is only worth 5-6 games a year for us?

My point is that is inaccurate. Lots of moving pieces.

It creates roster flexibility in the bullpen.

Now you are trying to act like Hunter was a key part to this team?

It creates roster flexibility to bring up an unproven reliever who was a shortstop not all that long ago. Framing the move as though it clearly strengthens the team and/or dovetails with picking up Parra is disingenuous.

Archived