Tommy Hunter to Cubs for Junior Lake (Deal Done)

sipper65

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to know what AM does to get such hauls. I am serious. What does he do? We need to find out bc DD is not in the same stratosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give it a rest ... DD has been here for 4 years and we have a winning record each year. They have been to the playoffs 2 times during that time. They won 96 games and the division last year. DD knows what the heck he is doing. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Stone cold.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hunter just found out on social media. Going into Bucks office now</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"There’s not going to be any shut doors. I’m not trying to run, stomp out of here like I didn’t like it. Cuz I loved it." -Tommy Hunter</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Andy McPhail gets way too much love. He made a great trade when he dealt Bedard. He botched on Tejada imo. A lot easier trading proven talent for prospects as opposed to trying to figure out what prospects to trade. Other than Arrieta, no one DD has traded has us regretting the trade. And Arrietas time here had passed.

I want to know what AM does to get such hauls. I am serious. What does he do? We need to find out bc DD is not in the same stratosphere.

DD has been in a completely different situation than MacPhail. He has been in buy mode at the trade deadline the last four years. You simply cannot expect him to be acquiring prospects, much less for the likes of Tommy Hunter.

I don't like the cost of the Parra deal, but you have to give Dan credit for building a contender without sacrificing any of our top prospects. While Miller etc were not enough to deliver a title, the worst Dan has cost us is Hader and Eduardo and now Davies. I would still like to have Davies, but at least we have Machado, Schoop, Gausman, Bundy, and Harvey, all while staying in contention past the All Star break the last four years. That is a big accomplishment.

I can understand not wanting to give up a young, controllable prospect for Parra even if he were to sign an extension. What I cannot understand or accept is people complaining about getting back something similar for a guy many found expensive and/or expendable. What did people really think Tommy Hunter was going to fetch? If some of you wanted him gone in the first place, aren't you happy they got anything at all for him? If this were Matusz, and they got anything approaching Lake, some of you would be doing swan dives off the Bromo Seltzer Tower. We had young guys in the minors people were curious to see, Hunter isn't one of the core bullpen guys, he made more money in the eyes of some than he was worth, and I seem to recall some of you wanting to move pending free agents or non-tender candidates for something instead of losing them for nothing. So what the hell are you guys complaining about? Put Lake aside and whatever value he has, this move did a lot of what some of you all wanted, and you're still not happy and complaining. If this were O'Day and this were all the got, I could understand that. But it's Tommy Hunter. I simply do not get it.

I can understand not wanting to give up a young, controllable prospect for Parra even if he were to sign an extension. What I cannot understand or accept is people complaining about getting back something similar for a guy many found expensive and/or expendable. What did people really think Tommy Hunter was going to fetch? If some of you wanted him gone in the first place, aren't you happy they got anything at all for him? If this were Matusz, and they got anything approaching Lake, some of you would be doing swan dives off the Bromo Seltzer Tower. We had young guys in the minors people were curious to see, Hunter isn't one of the core bullpen guys, he made more money in the eyes of some than he was worth, and I seem to recall some of you wanting to move pending free agents or non-tender candidates for something instead of losing them for nothing. So what the hell are you guys complaining about? Put Lake aside and whatever value he has, this move did a lot of what some of you all wanted, and you're still not happy and complaining. If this were O'Day and this were all the got, I could understand that. But it's Tommy Hunter. I simply do not get it.

I don't think Tommy Hunter was ever going to bring back a lot in a trade. But why trade him at all? He was a decent middle reliever now.

The O's did need flexibility in the bullpen. They got it by releasing Bud Norris. They didn't need to trade Tommy Hunter to create flexibility in the bullpen. They'll have even more flexibility come September 1.

I'll root for Junior Lake to be the next Jimmy Paredes, but I still think this was 95 percent a salary dump. At least we didn't give up a draft pick like we did to dump Ryan Webb.

I thought Davies was left handed, but he's a right hander. With Tyler Wilson, Mike Wright and Davies, we were overstocked with right handers. Dan probably dealt the guy who had least potential of the three.

We are only down left handers because Duquette trades them all. ERod, Hader, Tarpley, etc.

I don't think Tommy Hunter was ever going to bring back a lot in a trade. But why trade him at all? He was a decent middle reliever now.

The O's did need flexibility in the bullpen. They got it by releasing Bud Norris. They didn't need to trade Tommy Hunter to create flexibility in the bullpen. They'll have even more flexibility come September 1.

I'll root for Junior Lake to be the next Jimmy Paredes, but I still think this was 95 percent a salary dump. At least we didn't give up a draft pick like we did to dump Ryan Webb.

We are going to have a fairly young bullpen next year. It would be nice for some of them to get their feet wet this year.

Hunters spot goes to Givens. Norris' spot goes to Wright goes to Garcia, who has been getting stretched out in the minors to serve as long man upon his return. With Garcia, that will leave Givens spot as the flexible spot.

And while it is a salary dump, there are still players that can be acquired in August that could have higher salaries.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Trades away better players? Bedard, Tejada, Uehara and Sherrill all were better than any established player that Dan has traded away since he arrived.

Andy was in rebuild mode, and traded good established

Archived