60 games left, how man wins will it take?

ChuckS

We have the roster to go on a run now. The two bullpen spots with options for fresh arms. Norfolk shuttle baby.

This is the only reason I agree with trading Tommy Boy. (And Bud was a no-brainer...) You get an optionable pen and a REAL possibility for LF next year. It's a smart, Justice Is Blind move by Duquette.

We have the roster to go on a run now. The two bullpen spots with options for fresh arms. Norfolk shuttle baby. I think this was the plan for awhile with the pen. Garcia will be up on the 6th. So just one optionable BP arm for 3 weeks. Then we will get a huge boost come September 1st to show of our minor league depth. Who needs trades when we can add

Givens/Wright

Wilson

Mac

Cabral

Steve Johnson

Gamboa (Just a knuckler chilling in AAA)

Rondon

Clevenger

Navarro

C.Walker

D.Alvarez

J.Lake

H.Urrutia

They might not all come up on the 1st, but adding a quality 3rd catcher, 4-5 BP arms, an extra IF, and a couple OF/DH types will be huge for pinch hitting and defense. Plus Pearce back from the DL and a likely Delmon Young reunion. That's how you can rattle off some wins in Sept.

I do think our depth should help us have a strong September. But we need a good August or it will be too late. We play 29 games in 31 days this month, with off days only on the 6th and 13th, during and immediately following our 9 game West Coast swing. It's going to take some serious grinding to be in contention on Sept. 1. Hopefully they can hang in there.

Archived