vs. ANGELS, 8/08

OFFNY

Serious question -- who has the better 2016, Joseph or Wieters? Wieters at his best was better, but moving forward, it could be Joseph.

Damn good question. That we're having this question though makes me okay with Wieters being a goner likely. I commented last night but I like the way the games are called better with Caleb too.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a really good question. I'd QO Wieters but not even make an effort to keep him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This! I was convinced two years ago that I want no part of an "old" catcher who has been rode hard and put away wet. 140 G per year. :new_wave:

Re: Caleb, I was a little worried that after he ended last season slumping that the league had him figured out but he's had a quite impressive sophomore year. He's becoming one of my favorites too. He's got one of the best approaches at the plate on the team IMO.

I feel the same way. He's improved both his strikeout and walk rate by a good margin and his BABIP rose higher to around the league average (was below .250 last year). Obviously his power has still been there as well, and has even improved.

It is very rational to think that Joseph/Clevenger in 2016 will be stronger than Wieters/Joseph would be.

Clevenger doesn't do anything for me... I just hope (without searching) that there is some other decent, cheap, FA C to pair with CJ.

It is very rational to think that Joseph/Clevenger in 2016 will be stronger than Wieters/Joseph would be.

I'm not a big Wieters fan this season with Caleb outplaying him thus far, but I think Matt is much better than Clevenger. He looks like a slap hitter with no speed and below average defense.

Clevenger doesn't do anything for me... I just hope (without searching) that there is some other decent, cheap, FA C to pair with CJ.

I think Ianetta and Avila would be decent options. Ianetta would probably be cheaper but Avila is a lefty.

I agree. I would prefer a catcher more like Hundley last year who is a good defensive catcher versus a guy like Clevenger who can hit but struggles some calling a game.

Archived