Wieters Pulled from the game

FanSince88

Yahoo says he had a hamstring strain. The lack of a thread about this well after the game is over is very telling. I think we're all a bit apathetic about Wieters at this point. He's having a decent year, I guess, which is the norm for him ("decent, I guess"). Maybe we can get him back on the cheap and play him at first after we fail to sign Davis. His production there wouldn't be great but it would probably be better than any of the internal 1B options. If he doesn't take a QO, he could end up like Morales and not have a job until June 2016, and the job he would get would be for a one-year deal at half the QO. Would you give up a draft pick for him if you were another team? I wouldn't.

Buck said that Matt will not play today and will be re-evaluated on Friday. Clevenger is probably trying to get to Seattle for today's 3:40 eastern time game. Clevenger up and Lake down would be the move I would expect.

'

Dont you think the organization might have put Clevenger on the plane last night, as soon as Wieters was pulled, just in case?

I wonder if the O's will give him a QO. I wonder if they do whether he would be the first player ever to accept one.

I really can't see any team interested in giving him a multi year deal for over 10 mill AAV

I would offer him a QO in a heartbeat. I think he'll sign for north of $60M but I'm terrible at these things.

Depends. Probably took a commercial flight. Wieters got hurt around 11:30 PM. Time they call Norfolk and then get him a flight ,he might not get in till right before game time. He might have been on the bus to Durham when they called.

Durham does have an Airport. :)

Very true, even if doesn't make the start of the game, if the team activates him, and he shows up during the game, he can play if needed, right?

Very true, even if doesn't make the start of the game, if the team activates him, and he shows up during the game, he can play if needed, right?

I don't even know the rule involved, but I can't imagine any way he couldn't go into the game later. I've never seen MLB take roll call in the dugout before first pitch.;)

RDU. Even has a non stop to Seattle ,but starts later in the year. I guess if he takes the 6 am flight,he would make it to Seattle around 10:30 am.Half hour to the park.

No delays and he would make it about an hour before game time. Unless,Petey put him on a private jet.

Starting Oct. 1, Alaska Airlines will offer a nonstop flight from Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Seattle.

Depends. Probably took a commercial flight. Wieters got hurt around 11:30 PM. Time they call Norfolk and then get him a flight ,he might not get in till right before game time. He might have been on the bus to Durham when they called.
Why would they be busing to Durham at 11:30? Norfolk/Durham travel time around 3 hours. Direct flights from Raleigh/Durham to Seattle take about 5 1/2 hours.

Archived