Lough DFA (Outrighted to Norfolk)

TonySoprano

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is so ridiculously stupid. Why is Lake on this roster? He's a failed prospect that is just clogging the roster. At least Lough was an elite defender. Lake brings absolutely nothing to this team right now. Duquette is a disaster this year.

Lake could be sent back tomorrow. I think this is more the Orioles souring on Lough. Clevenger might be the back up to Caleb next year and with Paredes cold we could use him now. I think this move is about hoping for a spark now and also getting ready for next year.

This. Seems like they are ready to move on from Lough. No biggie.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think they hope he takes the assignment to Norfolk. This was done to get Clevenger here maybe for a few days. Wieters thinks he'll be fine in a short time.

I'd love to go find all those posts suggesting that Lough, Snider or De Aza were likely to be better than Markakis this year. What a joke. Add in Young, and that's all four corner OFs who were on the OD roster who have been DFA. Clean sweep

I wasn't against Dan's plan, but it sure blew up in his face.

I would think we saw Lake sent back down or Reimold gone for Urrutia.

Wish David the best. Just wish he would have used his speed better on offense. It tells me that they were looking in another direction for next year for his role. Clevenger could be playing some DH in my opinion. Paredes is ice cold. Plus they get a look at him for next year.

Lough had plenty of chances and failed to produce. His so-called speed was balanced by lousy stealing technique. This team will look a lot more like the Norfolk Tides after the roster expands...(and that may be a good thing.)

This is so ridiculously stupid. Why is Lake on this roster? He's a failed prospect that is just clogging the roster. At least Lough was an elite defender. Lake brings absolutely nothing to this team right now. Duquette is a disaster this year.

He is on the roster to justify the Hunter trade.

Look we got something of value, he's in the majors!

Yep, why would you DFA Lough when you could just option Lake? Makes zero sense. You don't just throw away elite defensive players who have 4 years of team control left.

Lake could be sent back tomorrow. I think this is more the Orioles souring on Lough. Clevenger might be the back up to Caleb next year and with Paredes cold we could use him now. I think this move is about hoping for a spark now and also getting ready for next year.

Why not DL Wieters and option Lake?

I just hate they we handcuff ourselves with guys like Tillman (missed 2 starts + a few days) instead of using the DL. And I fear we'll do the same thing with Wieters.

Last thing this club needs is an even slower, less mobile Wieters who can't plant or swing appropriately because his core is affected.

Instead we call up failed prospects like Lake instead of helping the bullpen which we desperately need help in...Duquette. All of this is on Duquette.

I'd love to go find all those posts suggesting that Lough, Snider or De Aza were likely to be better than Markakis this year. What a joke. Add in Young, and that's all four corner OFs who were on the OD roster who have been DFA. Clean sweep

Couldn't agree more. I said at the time dependable players are harder to replace than some think. I get why we did what we did but it didn't work.

Well de Aza has been similarly valuable, just for the wrong team...

Why not DL Wieters and option Lake?

I just hate they we handcuff ourselves with guys like Tillman (missed 2 starts + a few days) instead of using the DL. And I fear we'll do the same thing with Wieters.

Last thing this club needs is an even slower, less mobile Wieters who can't plant or swing appropriately because his core is affected.

Instead we call up failed prospects like Lake instead of helping the bullpen which we desperately need help in...Duquette. All of this is on Duquette.

Of course they will do the same thing with Wieters. They did it with Jones a couple months ago.

Archived