Lough DFA (Outrighted to Norfolk)

TonySoprano

I'd love to go find all those posts suggesting that Lough, Snider or De Aza were likely to be better than Markakis this year. What a joke. Add in Young, and that's all four corner OFs who were on the OD roster who have been DFA. Clean sweep

I wasn't against Dan's plan, but it sure blew up in his face.

Oddly enough, by rWAR Lough and Snider (mostly Snider) have combined to outperform Markakis this season on a per appearance basis. Cheaper too. De Aza has also outperformed Markakis with the Red Sox.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not DL Wieters and option Lake?

I just hate they we handcuff ourselves with guys like Tillman (missed 2 starts + a few days) instead of using the DL. And I fear we'll do the same thing with

Last thing this club needs is an even slower, less mobile Wieters who can't plant or swing appropriately because his core is affected.

Instead we call up failed prospects like Lake instead of helping the bullpen which we desperately need help in...Duquette. All of this is on Duquette.

If they liked Lough enough he would still be here. I think you are overreacting. They aren't going to lose a player they want here. They didn't want him anymore, maybe they are wrong but their mistake would be in their judgement of Lough, not who they kept or called up.

Couldn't agree more. I said at the time dependable players are harder to replace than some think. I get why we did what we did but it didn't work.

Sure, it did. We're not on the hook for 3 more years and 30 million more dollars. That's why we did it, not because of 2015.

I'd love to go find all those posts suggesting that Lough, Snider or De Aza were likely to be better than Markakis this year. What a joke. Add in Young, and that's all four corner OFs who were on the OD roster who have been DFA. Clean sweep

I thought for sure Snider and Young would outproduce Markakis. And they were...and then completely fell apart.

And here's the issue with Duquette: he hasn't won a single trade, has he? Has he done anything to revamp the minors? No, he's been living the high life off of major trades by none other than Andy MacPhail. The only times Duquette has looked like a genius is when his bottom of the barrel AAAA signings somehow completely turned it around. Otherwise, how are the Orioles looking this year with every single one of Dan's acquisitions pretty much bottoming out?

The Orioles need some sweeps but not in the outfield Sweep the A's.The best laid plans of mice and men.It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

The Nationals were supposed to have the best pitching staff ever.

Eh we still have Pearce

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If they liked Lough enough he would still be here. I think you are overreacting. They aren't going to lose a player they want here. They didn't want him anymore, maybe they are wrong but their mistake would be in their judgement of Lough, not who they kept or called up.

They didn't want Lough anymore because Duquette is enamored with failed prospects. Lake has no business being in the majors. But he has an option. But he's a redundant piece. Why on Earth is he here? Not an elite defender. He has a flawed bat. And his "speed" he can't use if he's not on base. So what on Earth is he doing here?

Yeah, Markakis has been a "magician with the bat" this season. He made his power bat disappear.

They didn't want Lough anymore because Duquette is enamored with failed prospects. Lake has no business being in the majors. But he has an option. But he's a redundant piece. Why on Earth is he here? Not an elite defender. He has a flawed bat. And his "speed" he can't use if he's not on base. So what on Earth is he doing here?

I don't love Lake. Once again they must have been planning on replacing Lough next year. You think if they really wanted him back in 2016 that they let him go 17 days from September roster expansion?

Oddly enough, by rWAR Lough and Snider (mostly Snider) have combined to outperform Markakis this season on a per appearance basis. Cheaper too. De Aza has also outperformed Markakis with the Red Sox.

I'm okay with the Lough DFA, but I still wish Snider were on the roster. He wasn't doing well by any means, but he was doing just as well if not better than any of the people we'd be able to scrounge up to replace him with. I'd much rather have kept Davies and stuck with Snider through the rest of the season than bring in Parra. At least Snider was under control next year if he finished hot.

Archived