vs. ROYALS, 8/26

OFFNY

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 5 game series' date=' wow! I don't think I've ever seen a 5 game series before.[/quote']

We had a great 5 game series vs the Yankees in 1980. August. Won 3 of 5, mostly very tight games. I think attendance at Memorial Stadium topped 250,000 for the series or at least came very close.

That was a great pennant race. Yankees won 103, we won 100. No wild card, no playoffs. Probably the best team to miss the playoffs in the past half century or so.

I also remember on year in the late 70s, maybe 78 or 79, we played the Twins in Minnesota and then in Baltimore (or vice versa). 6 or 7 games in a row vs the same team. No idea why they scheduled it that way.

We had a great 5 game series vs the Yankees in 1980. August. Won 3 of 5, mostly very tight games. I think attendance at Memorial Stadium topped 250,000 for the series or at least came very close.

That was a great pennant race. Yankees won 103, we won 100. No wild card, no playoffs. Probably the best team to miss the playoffs in the past half century or so.

I also remember on year in the late 70s, maybe 78 or 79, we played the Twins in Minnesota and then in Baltimore (or vice versa). 6 or 7 games in a row vs the same team. No idea why they scheduled it that way.

That's a good one. I would add the 1993 Braves and Giants

Atlanta Braves 104-58 .642

San Francisco Giants 103-59 .636

Archived