vs. ROYALS, 8/26

OFFNY

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We had a great 5 game series vs the Yankees in 1980. August. Won 3 of 5, mostly very tight games. I think attendance at Memorial Stadium topped 250,000 for the series or at least came very close.

That was a great pennant race. Yankees won 103, we won 100. No wild card, no playoffs. Probably the best team to miss the playoffs in the past half century or so.

I also remember on year in the late 70s, maybe 78 or 79, we played the Twins in Minnesota and then in Baltimore (or vice versa). 6 or 7 games in a row vs the same team. No idea why they scheduled it that way.

That was 4 years before I was born and I am jealous. I would have loved to been there, that must have been awesome!

And 6 or 7 games in a row against the Twins. I wonder what the record is?

We had a great 5 game series vs the Yankees in 1980. August. Won 3 of 5, mostly very tight games. I think attendance at Memorial Stadium topped 250,000 for the series or at least came very close.

That was a great pennant race. Yankees won 103, we won 100. No wild card, no playoffs. Probably the best team to miss the playoffs in the past half century or so.

I also remember on year in the late 70s, maybe 78 or 79, we played the Twins in Minnesota and then in Baltimore (or vice versa). 6 or 7 games in a row vs the same team. No idea why they scheduled it that way.

Just looked it up and we did top 250,000 for the 5 games against the MFY.

Checked baseball reference to see how I did.

We won 3 of 5 from the Yankees in that series. Just two 1-run games. Attendance was over 253,900. Aug 14-19 1980.

We played 8 straight games vs the Twins in late Aug / early Sept 1979. A doubleheader in Min on a Monday and another on a Wednesday (maybe a Tuesday rainout???). Won 3 of 4. Then played Thu-Sun in Balt, split 4 games.

Archived