vs. RAYS, 9/01

OFFNY

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

You guys are all the best, for hanging in there through thick and thin.

Patrick (Oriole Fan From New York)

Hey, Patrick, I don't know whether you see this up there, but in Manhattan I read and hear much less about the Yankees than I would expect. A lot more talk and excitement about the Mets. I put that in the "Things could be worse" category, so far . . .

Hey, Patrick, I don't know whether you see this up there, but in Manhattan I read and hear much less about the Yankees than I would expect. A lot more talk and excitement about the Mets. I put that in the "Things could be worse" category, so far . . .

Yeah, I think that most people are aware that the Mets are the better team ...... especially since the acquisition of Cespedes.

I have been touting the Mets since 2013, when their very young, very talented starting pitchers were making their mark at the AAA level, the AA level, and as rookies at the major league level.

In addition to Harvey, deGrom, and Syndergaard, they have Zach Wheeler, who has been out all year with TJ surgery.

When he comes back next year, that rotation could be scary good.

A great free agent signing was that of veteran Bartolo Colon, whom the Mets signed to a 2-year, $20 Million contract prior to the 2014 season. In hindsight, that signing has been great because he has filled in and eaten innings so that they did not have to rush Harvey back from TJ surgery, and they won't have to rush Zack Wheeler back now, either.

Archived