Adam Jones: ""This is the last six games with our brothers..."

MemorialStadKid

I would be a lot more fine if people didn't keep conveniently forgetting that resigning Cruz in all likelihood meant not signing Davis for 2015.
Really? And do you know if DD went to see PA and said that he wanted to resign Cruz? And did PA tell DD that "you can resign Cruz, but you have to non-tender Davis?" I don't think so. :confused:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think so either. Do you have a point here?

You wrote earlier:

I would be a lot more fine if people didn't keep conveniently forgetting that resigning Cruz in all likelihood meant not signing Davis for 2015.
I don't know where you get the information that resigning Cruz would have meant not signing Davis for 2015. O's management could have resigned Cruz and also had kept Davis. PA had the money to do so.

Yea with Jones, Machado, Schoop, Gausman and Britton we will be lucky to win 50 games next year.

Is there a point here somewhere??

Is 50 wins your criteria for being terrible

Mine is a little higher like 70 wins

and with a team of Jones, Machado, Schoop, Gausman, Britton

and Davis, Chen, and O'day the 2015 O's are only going to win 76-77 games

So without them we will be very lucky to win 70 in 2016

You wrote earlier: I don't know where you get the information that resigning Cruz would have meant not signing Davis for 2015. O's management could have resigned Cruz and also had kept Davis. PA had the money to do so.

Personal money? If so that would be nice, but hardly expected. Most here work off the reasonable assumption that budgets are meaningful and determined from a business standpoint.

You wrote earlier: I don't know where you get the information that resigning Cruz would have meant not signing Davis for 2015. O's management could have resigned Cruz and also had kept Davis. PA had the money to do so.

There are NO INDICATIONS that ownership was open to the idea of raising payroll by 13 million on top of the increase they already had.

Folks "The owner is wealthy" is not a valid argument.

All MLB owners are wealthy, all of them have budgets.

I adored his Much Ado About Nothing.

He introduced the world to Kate Beckinsale, that has to be worth something.

I also think he did a solid job as Iago.

Much Ado was OK, Emma is the best, and Denzel was surprisingly good, but Keanu Reeves and Michael Keaton ruined it for me. I'll never forgive Branagh for what he did to poor Jack Lemmon in his Hamlet. With each picture after Henry V his films became increasingly celebrity circuses. His Iago sucked.

Much Ado was OK, Emma is the best, and Denzel was surprisingly good, but Keanu Reeves and Michael Keaton ruined it for me. I'll never forgive Branagh for what he did to poor Jack Lemmon in his Hamlet. With each picture after Henry V his films became increasingly celebrity circuses. His Iago sucked.

I do wish him and Emma had managed to do a Taming Of the Shrew before they broke up.

I would also not call his last film a celebrity circus.

Archived