Dylan Bundy Updates

accinfo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be nice to see him on the mound.

I know it'll be awkward having him on the 25 next April, but Roberto Osuna's results with the Jays this year gave me some hope.

He was a baby also derailed by TJ, and had just 109 innings of minor league experience entering 2015.

It'll also be interesting to see if in the name of competitiveness, they let him have his cutter any, despite the general organizational rules.

Will be nice to see him on the mound.

I know it'll be awkward having him on the 25 next April, but Roberto Osuna's results with the Jays this year gave me some hope.

He was a baby also derailed by TJ, and had just 109 innings of minor league experience entering 2015.

It'll also be interesting to see if in the name of competitiveness, they let him have his cutter any, despite the general organizational rules.

He is currently permitted to throw any pitch he invents. Obviously effectiveness and health will influence that going forward.

I heard Bundy was throwing better than he ever has during instructs. Let's hope he dominates out there and looks like a viable option for the pen this season. If I'm the Orioles I'm looking to put him into the Arthur Rhodes type of role in order to help build up his innings enough that he could be an option to start in 2017. If they could get 120 innings out of him that would be a good transition after missing almost all of this year.

I heard Bundy was throwing better than he ever has during instructs. Let's hope he dominates out there and looks like a viable option for the pen this season. If I'm the Orioles I'm looking to put him into the Arthur Rhodes type of role in order to help build up his innings enough that he could be an option to start in 2017. If they could get 120 innings out of him that would be a good transition after missing almost all of this year.

It's pretty doubtful that Bundy could approach that total as a reliever in today's game. No reliever in MLB exceeded 84 IP this year. The last time a reliever exceeded 100 innings was 2006 (Scott Proctor, Yankees). Rhodes maxed out at 95.1 in 1997.

Maybe they could put Bundy in the rotation at some point during the year to build up some innings.

It's pretty doubtful that Bundy could approach that total as a reliever in today's game. No reliever in MLB exceeded 84 IP this year. The last time a reliever exceeded 100 innings was 2006 (Scott Proctor, Yankees). Rhodes maxed out at 95.1 in 1997.

Maybe they could put Bundy in the rotation at some point during the year to build up some innings.

I think Innings for Relievers are done, since they throw them more often in the season and less innings at a time.

When he hit 95.1 innings, he was only in 53 games.

Kevin Gausman pitched 112 innings with 17 starts this year. I would be real happy with that if Bundy could end up in that range.

But with our 5 man rotation being problematic, maybe there's an opportunity to use him differently. How about planning on using him 2 innings every 3rd day or 3rd game? Maybe use Mike Wright the same way - as he clearly is cut out to be a reliever rather than a starter.

I think Innings for Relievers are done, since they throw them more often in the season and less innings at a time.

When he hit 95.1 innings, he was only in 53 games.

You still see relievers used that way at times. In 2013, T.J. McFarland threw 74 IP in only 38 games. That same season, Anthony Swarzak threw 96 innings in 48 games. But throwing 120 innings in relief hasn't happened in a very long time.

Kevin Gausman pitched 112 innings with 17 starts this year. I would be real happy with that if Bundy could end up in that range.

But, Gausman had 47 innings in 2013 and 114 innings in 2014.

Not sure, its fair to expect 110+ innings out of Bundy, with the lack of experience at the big league level.

You still see relievers used that way at times. In 2013, T.J. McFarland threw 74 IP in only 38 games. That same season, Anthony Swarzak threw 96 innings in 48 games. But throwing 120 innings in relief hasn't happened in a very long time.

Yeah, back in the day, when relievers would finish out a game or two, without being the closer.

Pretty handy to have somebody in your pen, that can actually start and give you 3-4 innings in long relief, or even 4-5 innings in emergency start ole.

But, Gausman had 47 innings in 2013 and 114 innings in 2014.

Not sure, its fair to expect 110+ innings out of Bundy, with the lack of experience at the big league level.

It will depend how good he is. If he is finally 100% healthy I am still optimistic he can be the special player we thought when we drafted him.

Archived