Dylan Bundy Updates

accinfo

If you do that he won't have enough innings in 2016 to be a full-time starter in 2017.

He will if you build his innings during extended spring training (not official innings but his arm and elbow don't know the difference), his rehab assignment, major league bullpen, and a few starting appearances. He's also likely to be eligible to pitch in the AFL since he's coming off an injury. He may not build up enough innings to start the 2017 season in the rotation, but he could be by mid-season.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He will if you build his innings during extended spring training (not official innings but his arm and elbow don't know the difference), his rehab assignment, major league bullpen, and a few starting appearances. He's also likely to be eligible to pitch in the AFL since he's coming off an injury. He may not build up enough innings to start the 2017 season in the rotation, but he could be by mid-season.

I have never heard of spring training innings, extended or otherwise, counting toward an innings cap.

That would be akin to counting bullpen sessions.

I have never heard of spring training innings, extended or otherwise, counting toward an innings cap.

That would be akin to counting bullpen sessions.

Shhh, don't try to derail the folks that still think Dylan Bundy is going to be a starting pitcher for the O's (any time before 2017).

I'd bet a little more than a wood nickel that he will never pitch meaningful innings in the majors.

Shhh, don't try to derail the folks that still think Dylan Bundy is going to be a starting pitcher for the O's (any time before 2017).

I'd bet a little more than a wood nickel that he will never pitch meaningful innings in the majors.

I would take that bet. Players recover from Tommy John surgery.

An update from Roch.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/10/updates-on-dylan-bundy-branden-kline-and-brian-gonzalez.html

Houston Methodist

Reactive calcification is different. Why it occurs is not clear. It doesn't seem to be related to degeneration, though it is more likely to cause shoulder pain than degenerative calcification. Doctors think of reactive calcification in three stages. In the pre-calcific stage, the tendon changes in ways that make calcium deposits more likely to form. In the calcific stage, calcium crystals are deposited in the tendons. Then they begin to disappear. The body simply reabsorbs the calcium deposits. Ironically, it is during this stage that pain is most likely to occur. In the post-calcific stage, the body heals the tendon, and the tendon is remodeled with new tissue.

No one knows what triggers the body to reabsorb the deposits. But once this occurs and the tissue begins to be remodeled, the pain usually decreases or goes away altogether.

If Bundy is healthy and effective, I could see him in a swing role, pitching in multi-inning relief and picking up an occasional start. They will want him to get about 5 innings a week in preparation for the 2017 rotation.

Many will consider him being healthy and effective as two very long shots, but I prefer to be optimistic.

Its normal for everyone to be down in the dumps with our top prospects of late being seriously bitten by the injury bug, however, it kinda seems this calcium build up he had is not THAT major of an issue. It kinda seems similar to having a bone mass removed in that it is a surgery but nothing that is career threatening or even career lessening(if that's a term). So if that is true, essentially people are expecting Bundy to fail because he had Tommy John Surgery which is totally illogical. Objectively speaking, forgetting that nearly every O's pitching prospect fails whether its performance or injury, would anyone really bet against a pitcher being any good because of TJ?

From Dylan himself.

Dylan Bundy ‏@Dylan_Bundy Sep 29

Throwing 120 feet tomorrow!!! #progress

RETWEETS

FAVORITES

Bill SmithSpell it out for yaRyan CooperCasey DavisAlex ElliottJeff McMillanCoach RichHunter HarveyOrioles Memes

11:11 AM - 29 Sep 2015 ? Details

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

He's still in the organization? Nice!

Archived