Dylan Bundy Updates

accinfo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uling."

If he's hurt, he's DL'd. There is no "ruling."

Ohfan67 is speculating a DL stint. I questioned what injury he would incur after "a bunch of spring training innings" and he didn't respond.

The O's have been playing around with the DL under Buck and Dan. My guess is that since it is fairly minor stuff and other teams also do it on occasion no one has said anything. If they try and stash Bundy on the DL to hide him, my guess is he better really be hurt.

Ohfan67 is speculating a DL stint. I questioned what injury he would incur after "a bunch of spring training innings" and he didn't respond.

The O's have been playing around with the DL under Buck and Dan. My guess is that since it is fairly minor stuff and other teams also do it on occasion no one has said anything. If they try and stash Bundy on the DL to hide him, my guess is he better really be hurt.

Could be dead arm. No one will question anything. It's just how it's done. Only person who might complain would be Bundy.

Could be dead arm. No one will question anything. It's just how it's done. Only person who might complain would be Bundy.

Yea and no one said anything about goop on the arm unless it was super obvious until Matuz got nailed.

If I am an AL East team I don't want to make it easy for the O's and Bundy.

Like I said earlier, this isn't some rule V guy.

DLing solves nothing...it just delays making a decision. He has to get some innings this year. That is not to say extended ST is out of the question, but he will be in the BP, short relief, building to long relief and the occasional 5 inning start. Total innings, 110-120. 2017 in the rotation or out of the system.

In reality the O's were only a .500 team last year because they won their last 5 games against the Jays and Yankee who were playing their 2nd team after they qualified for post season.

Now it looks like the O's will lose more talent to free agency than they will gain. Possibly much more.

So if the O's are a second division team next year they can afford to have Bundy pitch in the majors as much as they think its going to help him progress during 2016. They are really getting him ready for the rotation in 2017.

Sorry, had to do life stuff and didn't read your reply. The Orioles and other teams stash people on the DL for stints pretty much every season. I think Bundy will experience some soreness late in spring training. Regarding my one month further removed from surgery, I meant it more in the line of getting to face AAA hitters for the thirty day rehab assignment. I think my prediction is very much in line with the way DD has managed the roster. I also think the expectations for Bundy's effectiveness next year seem to be overly optimistic in this thread. As for as another team challenging a DL stint, has any team or MLB ever challenged that kind of move? Maybe an agent has mouthed off to the press in the past and maybe an agent has filed a grievance, but I don't recall anything beyond agent complaints in the media.

Yea and no one said anything about goop on the arm unless it was super obvious until Matuz got nailed.

If I am an AL East team I don't want to make it easy for the O's and Bundy.

Like I said earlier, this isn't some rule V guy.

First, I don't remember ever reading about one team challenging another team's use of the DL. Second, Bundy is a very young pitcher recovering from multiple injuries, including TJ surgery. It would be extremely easy to justify a DL stint. Heck, with his injury history and lack of innings it is a decent bet that Bundy spends time on the DL next year "for real". I think it will be a very challenging year for Bundy.

This whole thing is being made far more complicated than it needs to be.

If healthy, Dylan Bundy is absolutely a better pitcher than Garcia or McFarland both of whom we managed to stash for a year. If Bundy is healthy and even remotely the same guy then they will find a way to make it work. I am hopeful that this next year we begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel where Dylan is concerned it would be a shame to see such a talent never make an impact. Rooting for the kid.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dylan Bundy was slated to make his third fall league appearance today, but he isn't expected to pitch because of elbow stiffness. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">November 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sigh

It has meaning. It means he's healthy enough to pitch. It's 3 months before ST. IF he's healthy, chances are that he'll start out in the bullpen when the season starts.

I said I was excited, but there is a lot of optimism about Bundy's progress and even making a substantial contribution in 2016. I think a few innings in the fall league isn't going to be a great predictor of progress in 2016 and certainly not predictive of making a real contribution to the ML team. I don't mean to be a party pooper, but the guy is recovering from multiple injuries and hasn't pitched more than a handful of innings in a long time. And is inexperienced in general. I think Bundy struggles a lot in 2016. I'm not saying that to be a jerk or anything. I am rooting hard for him. I just think that's a lot more realistic outlook for someone in his situation.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dylan Bundy was slated to make his third fall league appearance today, but he isn't expected to pitch because of elbow stiffness. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

Sigh

Double sigh. Very sorry for Bundy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> official, Dylan Bundy is day to day with tightness in right forearm. Says "no major concern," but no AFL start today</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Says it's not a major concern but I've heard that line before

Archived