Duquette talks (Orioles to spend extensive resources in FA)

weams

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Steve has had one really good year. I know he was disappointed with his 2015. We like Steve, he's another guy who we have talked to about the possibility of coming back."

Thank you for a little perspective on Steve Pearce. I like him too but he as has 1 good year.

Getting back the team from last year at last years payroll would be a miracle especially after they screwed up with Wieters. On paper, it's a sure thing to look worse.

I agree they screwed up with Wieters. However, he has a much greater chance of having a good to great year over Caleb Joseph in terms of WAR. I just don't by the argument we can't set a budget with the understanding that MW is only a one year commitment.

I agree they screwed up with Wieters. However, he has a much greater chance of having a good to great year over Caleb Joseph in terms of WAR. I just don't by the argument we can't set a budget with the understanding that MW is only a one year commitment.

If they hadn't offered Wieters the QO and he had signed elsewhere for a contract similar to the one Nick got last year, there would be a throng of posters complaining that we should have offered him the QO.

If they hadn't offered Wieters the QO and he had signed elsewhere for a contract similar to the one Nick got last year, there would be a throng of posters complaining that we should have offered him the QO.

All we can hope for is a solid year from MW. I'll be pulling for him.

I just don't think it should (not that it won't) affect what the club initially wanted to put together.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On the radio again. "I was a little bit surprised, there were some multi year offers out there for Matt. Some very substantial offers."

Regarding Wieters.

"Manny's really coming into his own. He was voted fourth in the MVP and second in the platinum glove, it gives you an idea of the abilities that he has."

On the radio again. "I was a little bit surprised, there were some multi year offers out there for Matt. Some very substantial offers."

Regarding Wieters.

"Manny's really coming into his own. He was voted fourth in the MVP and second in the platinum glove, it gives you an idea of the abilities that he has."

Must be a respect for Buck thing. Maybe Davis will feel the same.

Archived