Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep seeing this thread bumped, check it to see what the new deal is, only to find back and forth in regards to the O's payroll. Not what I was hoping to see.

That was my thinking I have been out of office most the day and saw like 4 new pages i though something new must have happened but then read through it and it is just the owner won't spend money he makes tons and doesn't care thread that has beated dead atleast 5 times a month. I sure hope something happens soon heck even if it is not the Orioles atleast it is something to talk about.

Ok,back on topic. Didn't DD say at the Winter Meetings that he expected to have a trade or free agent signing over the weekend or early this week?

He did say that he had a trade. But then he did say that he turned it down, because of who he had to give up.

I wasn't really sure where else to post this, but it relates to another team around the MLB and is at least tangentially related to certain rumors and deals that are out there. So I figured I'd try to throw it out here.

Many rumors have the Dodgers considering various mid-rotation options after the departure of Greinke, from Maeda to Kazmir to Iwakuma. They may also be in the mix for other guys like Leake, Gallardo, or Chen.

They currently have Kershaw and B. Anderson under contract as healthy veterans. They also have B. McCarthy (3/$36M remaining) and Ryu (3/$22M remaining) who are both coming back from injuries and still owed substantial moneys. On top of those four, they've also got RHP Mike Bolsinger and LHP Alex Wood. If they were to add an FA starter or two, they might have a real surplus of starters.

If I were DD, and particularly interested in finding viable SPs who might not break the bank or cost a pick, I would be intrigued to find out what it would take to pry loose Bolsinger or Wood. Would anyone do Brach for Wood or Bolsinger? Would the Dodgers consider that?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette sounds confident he can make move(s) before industry "shuts down" next Wednesday for the holidays <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette sounds confident he can make move(s) before industry "shuts down" next Wednesday for the holidays <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

"I can put the desk over here, and the new Keurig over there..."

I kid, I kid.

I wasn't really sure where else to post this, but it relates to another team around the MLB and is at least tangentially related to certain rumors and deals that are out there. So I figured I'd try to throw it out here.

Many rumors have the Dodgers considering various mid-rotation options after the departure of Greinke, from Maeda to Kazmir to Iwakuma. They may also be in the mix for other guys like Leake, Gallardo, or Chen.

They currently have Kershaw and B. Anderson under contract as healthy veterans. They also have B. McCarthy (3/$36M remaining) and Ryu (3/$22M remaining) who are both coming back from injuries and still owed substantial moneys. On top of those four, they've also got RHP Mike Bolsinger and LHP Alex Wood. If they were to add an FA starter or two, they might have a real surplus of starters.

If I were DD, and particularly interested in finding viable SPs who might not break the bank or cost a pick, I would be intrigued to find out what it would take to pry loose Bolsinger or Wood. Would anyone do Brach for Wood or Bolsinger? Would the Dodgers consider that?

They already signed Iwakuma. With a rotation of Kershaw,Iwakuma,Ryu,Wood,Anderson,Urias,De Leon and McCarthy coming back at some point in the season I really doubt they're looking for anyone else.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette sounds confident he can make move(s) before industry "shuts down" next Wednesday for the holidays <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Wednesday: "we tried"

Someone new on the waiver wire?

They already signed Iwakuma. With a rotation of Kershaw,Iwakuma,Ryu,Wood,Anderson,Urias,De Leon and McCarthy coming back at some point in the season I really doubt they're looking for anyone else.

Ah ok, hadn't heard they'd already finalized Iwakuma. Thanks for the heads up.

I think that makes the question even more relevant then. Given that they now have about $85M committed this season to the 5 veteran guys in their rotation, would they be inclined to move one of their lesser (cheaper) arms like Wood or Bolsinger for a quality setup man type like Brach?

In essence, it seems like they have a surplus in the rotation and still need bullpen arms. After signing O'Day, we have something of a surplus of bullpen arms and still need a starter (preferably cheap). Maybe there's a match there. Sure would love to find a way to plug Wood into the rotation as a low-salary, high-floor lefty SP.

Someone new on the waiver wire?

As good as his Winter Meetings quotes:

The Orioles remain active in trying to upgrade their rotation and had more trade talks again on Wednesday about potential outfielders and starters.

"[Those talks] haven't come to fruition yet' date=' but they are moving toward a resolution," Duquette said, noting that perhaps by the end of the week or early next week the O's could have made progress on that front.

[url']http://m.mlb.com/news/article/159272288/dan-duquette-orioles-winter-meetings-update[/url]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Giants, Orioles, and Royals have shown interest in OF Denard Span. Mets also still in discussion. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLB?src=hash">#MLB</a></p>— Britt McHenry (@BrittMcHenry) <a href="

Archived