Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Three signings today: Sean Rodriguez back to Pirates, Jerry Blevins back to Mets, Will Middlebrooks to Brewers.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

">December 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It will be interesting to see if they can afford Gordon. They are currently at $86M before arbitration salaries. If you add the projected arb salaries for those they offered, you add another $21Mish. So, you're around $107M plus another $5M or so for ML minimums and small stuff or $112M. That was last year's payroll entering the season. I'm sure they've got 15-25M more available, but I wonder if it is enough to land Gordon and fill other needs. It will be interesting to see how hard they go after him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are interested in the most accurate numbers on the web, you can find them here:

2016 Orioles Opening Day Payroll Projection

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Giants, Orioles, and Royals have shown interest in OF Denard Span. Mets also still in discussion. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLB?src=hash">#MLB</a></p>— Britt McHenry (@BrittMcHenry) <a href="
">December 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

Two pretty blond Britt's. Just sayin'...

According to the guys on 105.7 , Justin Upton is from Roanoke Va and wants to be an Oriole. Also they say he is buddys with Jones. The front office is holding Upton waiting for Boras ...urh ...I mean Davis to decide.

I think this is bull crap! I think Upton is more likely to be worth the long term contract.

and why not sign the player that wants to be here! And whose fate is in their own hands and not that of their agent?

According to the guys on 105.7 , Justin Upton is from Roanoke Va and wants to be an Oriole. Also they say he is buddys with Jones. The front office is holding Upton waiting for Boras ...urh ...I mean Davis to decide.

I think this is bull crap! I think Upton is more likely to be worth the long term contract.

and why not sign the player that wants to be here! And whose fate is in their own hands and not that of their agent?

I think the guys on 105.7 don't know a damn thing, and getting worked up over things they say is not something worth doing.

But, that's just me.

And how can you be sure what they say is accurate?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Accidental classic snapshot. Note Buck's expression, sign between them and cop that looks like a balloon salesman <a href="https://t.co/VD9sScPjER">pic.twitter.com/VD9sScPjER</a></p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">December 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Accidental classic snapshot. Note Buck's expression, sign between them and cop that looks like a balloon salesman <a href="https://t.co/VD9sScPjER">pic.twitter.com/VD9sScPjER</a></p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">December 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

Those were the balloons Buck and DD popped throughout Fanfest.

These guys have a pretty good show ...and they don't report crap. They stated that the info was available somewhere on the internet. But I am working and don't have time to look for it

The fact that the Uptons are from Roanoke and that Justin would be open to playing for the O's is not a secret. Whether or not he could be signed for less than Davis is another matter. That could be the biggest hangup.

Archived