Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prince Fielder available per MLBTR. Owed $90M for five years. Lefty, career .387 OBP, but poor defense. Considering the contract, I wonder what kind of prospects they would be seeking. If they are looking to salary dump, I might prefer Fielder for 5 years/$90M over Davis for 6/$100.

Prince Fielder available per MLBTR. Owed $90M for five years. Lefty, career .387 OBP, but poor defense. Considering the contract, I wonder what kind of prospects they would be seeking. If they are looking to salary dump, I might prefer Fielder for 5 years/$90M over Davis for 6/$100.

Interesting idea. I like Fielder, but I think Davis has more home runs in him, and is a much better defender. Would not be a bad back-up plan if Davis goes elsewhere.

-Don

Interesting idea. I like Fielder, but I think Davis has more home runs in him, and is a much better defender. Would not be a bad back-up plan if Davis goes elsewhere.

-Don

TEX trying to move both Moreland and Fielder? Maybe they are bog on CD.

It would have to be a salary dump. He's averaged between 1-2 wins over the last three years, is 31, and is spherical. Is already a DH so there's none of this hypothetical "if we get his terrible glove out of the lineup he'll improve" stuff. If you put him in the field he's a 1-win player, if that. Has hugely negative baserunning value. Owed 5/120, while last four seasons indicate a baseline of 1.5 wins/year. My contract estimator says 3/21.

Just don't do it for anything. Worth 3/21, paying 5/120? Really?

It would have to be a salary dump. He's averaged between 1-2 wins over the last three years, is 31, and is spherical. Is already a DH so there's none of this hypothetical "if we get his terrible glove out of the lineup he'll improve" stuff. If you put him in the field he's a 1-win player, if that. Has hugely negative baserunning value. Owed 5/120, while last four seasons indicate a baseline of 1.5 wins/year. My contract estimator says 3/21.

Just don't do it for anything. Worth 3/21, paying 5/120? Really?

Yeah, if it was 5/90 it sounded better to me, at 5/120 then, no. Texas would have to pay a bunch of that to move him.

-Don

Yeah, if it was 5/90 it sounded better to me, at 5/120 then, no. Texas would have to pay a bunch of that to move him.

-Don

I think Detroit is on the hook for 30m, so it really would be "only" 5/90, but agree, probable pass unless it is a salary dump.

O's meeting with Boras today, who is agent for Span, CD and Alvarez, how a bout a trifecta...........:scratchchinhmm:

Not a good thing that boras has control over a potential back up plan in Alvarez. That's costs us leverage there. Maybe that's why we're talking about trading for Lind. Just to have some type of leverage over the boras monopoly.

Archived