Adam Jones 2016

Frobby

While Adam Jones is still an all-star level player, his offense has declined three straights years. His OPS+ has gone 125, 118, 115, 109. His oWAR has gone 5.6, 4.6, 4.5, 2.8. He was banged up for a good bit of 2015 and missed 25 games, playing hobbled in a number of others. He's now on the proverbial "wrong side of 30."

I think 2016 is an important year for Adam. We will need him at his best in order to contend. I'm really hoping he can stay healthier than he did in 2015. I'm also worried that if the team doesn't contend, he may get very frustrated.

If the O's don't contend in 2016 Adam will not be the only one frustrated.

• 5 months later...
While Adam Jones is still an all-star level player, his offense has declined three straights years. His OPS+ has gone 125, 118, 115, 109. His oWAR has gone 5.6, 4.6, 4.5, 2.8. He was banged up for a good bit of 2015 and missed 25 games, playing hobbled in a number of others. He's now on the proverbial "wrong side of 30."

I think 2016 is an important year for Adam. We will need him at his best in order to contend. I'm really hoping he can stay healthier than he did in 2015. I'm also worried that if the team doesn't contend, he may get very frustrated.

Hasn't been a good start for the year for Jones. Getting a bit concerned it could be a serious down year for him. Hopefully, he can get it going at some point. With that being said, shouldn't be batting 3rd right now, isn't helping the offense one bit.

Archived