Tender Updates (Janish, Lough Non-Tendered)

wildcard

Paul weighs in on who gets non tendered for Wednesday's deadline. He thinks Matusz, Janish and Worley will not be offered contracts making them free agents. He says Lough and Reimold are offered contracts.

I agree that Matusz and Janish don't get tendered. However I think Worley stays. The O's ran out of starters in August last season. One of the things Dan needs to do this off season is to improve the O's starting depth. Worley does that as a spot starter/long man. I think he stays and the O's pay the projected 2.7m to keep him.

I think Reimold and Lough are on the bubble. However, the O's need to make their decision on both. Twisting my arm, I have to agree with Paul. Both stay for now. There is no guarantee they make it through the winter as Orioles though.

JMO.

Nice article Paul.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/2015/11/29/which-orioles-could-be-non-tendered

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paul weighs in on who gets non tendered for Wednesday's deadline. He thinks Matusz, Janish and Worley will not be offered contracts making them free agents. He says Lough and Reimold are offered contracts.

I agree that Matusz and Janish don't get tendered. However I think Worley stays. The O's ran out of starters in August last season. One of the things Dan needs to do this off season is to improve the O's starting depth. Worley does that as a spot starter/long man. I think he stays and the O's pay the projected 2.7m to keep him.

I think Reimold and Lough are on the bubble. However, the O's need to make their decision on both. Twisting my arm, I have to agree with Paul. Both stay for now. There is no guarantee they make it through the winter as Orioles though.

JMO.

Nice article Paul.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/2015/11/29/which-orioles-could-be-non-tendered

Swap Worley and Lough.

Janish must absolutely be tendered, we need a solid glove backing up Hardy as there's never a guarantee he'll stay healthy.

I'd make my decisions on Reimold and Lough depending on what role I had in mind for them. I think both of them have potential to contribute more strongly than they have, if given a somewhat expanded role.

I'd keep Matusz if I thought I could trade him, or if I wasn't sure of my other LOOGY options for the bullpen.

At Worley 's salary we can afford to keep him for starter and long man depth. He only has to be worth .5 WAR to be worth less than 3M dollars. We could get more out of him than that potentially.

How in the world do the Orioles non tender Vance Worley if they haven't even seen him pitch for them yet?

Because they've seen him pitch for someone else, and they have a lot of information based on that. A few months with the Orioles may not move that needle.

Janish must absolutely be tendered, we need a solid glove backing up Hardy as there's never a guarantee he'll stay healthy.

Janish is far from unique. There are many good-field no-hit AAA shortstops.

I posted before that I could see up to 8 candidates. Matusz, Worley, Lough, Reimold, Janish, Berry, Johnson, and Navarro.

My biggest reason for VW is simply as a casualty of the MW QO. Janish can be retained on a minor league deal. I include the 3 pre-arb guys since the NT allows them to be FA but cant be claimed on waivers. And the team has shown the willingness to NT pre-arb guys.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I posted before that I could see up to 8 candidates. Matusz, Worley, Lough, Reimold, Janish, Berry, Johnson, and Navarro.

My biggest reason for VW is simply as a casualty of the MW QO. Janish can be retained on a minor league deal. I include the 3 pre-arb guys since the NT allows them to be FA but cant be claimed on waivers. And the team has shown the willingness to NT pre-arb guys.

Navarro and Berry each have options. They may not stay on the roster all off season but they don't need to be non tendered. They will not impact the Orioles payroll next year unless they are called up.

Navarro and Berry each have options. They may not stay on the roster all off season but they don't need to be non tendered. They will not impact the Orioles payroll next year unless they are called up.

This has nothing to do with money. Just simply waiting until now to more easily remove them from the roster.

Archived