Buck Showalter And Cal Ripken Live Interview At 11 a.m. Today

PressBoxOnline

So Buck expects Matt to catch 120-130 games and hopes they dont have to use Trumbo in the OF, but more a 1B/DH type guy.

Hoping to get Chris Davis back but Chris needs to decide how much money is enough and make a decision or they will move on.

Honestly can't fault them for that. The O's are clearly willing to spend the money this offseason, but there are limited power-hitting left-handed bats on the market and that is a SERIOUS need at the moment. They have to get one of them or the lineup is basically screwed. Hurry up, Davis.

I agree with the Orioles approach here. They want Davis back, and from everything I have read, the market for him is not what Boras wanted. It appears the Orioles are the only team with a deal on the table, but as you said, if he is going to hold out for the most money, then we'll need to move on rather quickly. I would give Davis until the end of the Winter Meetings. By then Boras should be able to gauge the market and know whether Davis' best bet is to return to Baltimore. Any hedging after Friday would indicate that Davis either wants to leave, or is looking for the most possible money. If it's me, I give him to Friday and then I pull the deal and go in a different direction, like perhaps Heyward.

Glad they're optimistic about Bundy. Could we piece together a rotation slot where Bundy starts and goes 3 IP and Matusz or Worley get us through 6?

I think it's smart to pressure Davis. The longer it drags on the more of a possibility that more teams get involved. Plus we can't let it hold our offseason hostage and face the possibility of missing out on guys.

My memory is the Orioles approached Boras more than once about a Davis extension, but Boras declined to negotiate and wanted to "test the market". Well the market has been tested and found empty.

I am not feeling a bit sorry about the current situation. Still, common sense needs to prevail and Boras needs to strike a deal with the Orioles. To continue to hold out, would be stupid. it might work, but it would be stupid. Neither Boras or Davis are stupid people.

I'd hate it if we move on from CD and ends up signing for less that we offered.

I would imagine we could trade Trumbo to make room for Davis, but I'm not sure Angelos would maintain interest in Davis should it become clear he will have Boras grind this to the final penny.

I agree with the Orioles approach here. They want Davis back, and from everything I have read, the market for him is not what Boras wanted. It appears the Orioles are the only team with a deal on the table, but as you said, if he is going to hold out for the most money, then we'll need to move on rather quickly. I would give Davis until the end of the Winter Meetings. By then Boras should be able to gauge the market and know whether Davis' best bet is to return to Baltimore. Any hedging after Friday would indicate that Davis either wants to leave, or is looking for the most possible money. If it's me, I give him to Friday and then I pull the deal and go in a different direction, like perhaps Heyward.

Oh, if this were only a real possibility.

Buck and Dan are both sending a message to Chris Davis. Sign now because we can't wait. We all know that Boras will wait until February if he doesn't see the deal he likes. But Chris, he might get a little nervous. Especially after what happen to Morales and Drew the other year. Both Boras clients.

You then give him until tomorrow because Thursday is the Rule V draft and Friday everybody heads home. Now that Zobrist is off the table, supposedly the hitters market will start picking up.

Archived