Orioles Looking to Add a Bat and/or Pitcher per Roch

Aristotelian

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah Kim 5 million Alverez 7 million and Kazmir or Leake at 12 million would be the trifecta.

I'm inclined to believe it'll take more than that to get Kazmir or (especially) Leake done.

I think each get $15M/year. This pitching market is pricey.

Compared to Nori Aoki, but younger (28). Could be our Denard Span type signing.

Kim strikes me as more of a #2 hitter instead of lead off like Span. Probably not that big of a deal for a team that hasn't had a prototypical leadoff hitter for several years. I personally would prefer Span and Kim to slot in the first 2 spots of lineup.

Kim strikes me as more of a #2 hitter instead of lead off like Span. Probably not that big of a deal for a team that hasn't had a prototypical leadoff hitter for several years. I personally would prefer Span and Kim to slot in the first 2 spots of lineup.

Price and health (more importantly) need to be factored in. Span IMO will not hold up. Core and back issues scare me.

News just dropped:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Orioles offer Davis 7-year, $150M deal <a href="https://t.co/dnop4iwwMN">https://t.co/dnop4iwwMN</a> <a href="https://t.co/77njk18Gks">pic.twitter.com/77njk18Gks</a></p>? theScore MLB (@theScoreMLB) <a href="

">December 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MSK

If Davis turns this down, or drags his feet, than he is not a bright man. He's not worth that kind of dough, and to hold out for more would be doing the Orioles a disservice. Like a said earlier, give him until Friday to take it or leave it and then quickly move on to Plan B.

Do we even know if Span is healthy now?

Unclear. His hip surgery was at the end of August, with a 4-6 month recovery time forecast. I'd imagine he won't be signed until later in the offseason while teams wait to see how his recovery has gone.

If Davis turns this down, or drags his feet, than he is not a bright man. He's not worth that kind of dough, and to hold out for more would be doing the Orioles a disservice. Like a said earlier, give him until Friday to take it or leave it and then quickly move on to Plan B.

I'm ready to move on today. Crush and Boras might be doing us a favor by dragging their feet.

Yeah Kim 5 million Alverez 7 million and Kazmir or Leake at 12 million would be the trifecta.

I Forgot about Kim, from a cost perspective he's a great alternative from Span. Adding Alerez would add another LH allowing you to go after Upton.....In order to fill all of our hole, this probably makes more sense then signing Davis

Unclear. His hip surgery was at the end of August, with a 4-6 month recovery time forecast. I'd imagine he won't be signed until later in the offseason while teams wait to see how his recovery has gone.

As much as I like Span's numbers, Angelos is not likely to green light bi money to a guy coming off hip surgery. I don't care why the medical reports say, history says Angelos balks at health risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived