"Wow offer made to Davis!" (7 years - $150M Not one nickle more)

wildcard

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So long as it doesn't interfere with the ability to sign Machado long term, they can, and should, offer the best deal for Davis.

There is no guarantee that Machado will resign with the O's. The O's can't make their future plans around keeping Machado long term. I think they should offer him a long term contract this winter. If he is not interested, they should plan on moving him next winter. The O's can not make the mistake of letting their best player go and only getting a draft pick.

There is no guarantee that Machado will resign with the O's. The O's can't make their future plans around keeping Machado long term. I think they should offer him a long term contract this winter. If he is not interested, they should plan on moving him next winter. The O's can not make the mistake of letting their best player go and only getting a draft pick.

I agree. Just like when we were unable to initially resign Jones.

I agree. Just like when we were unable to initially resign Jones.

I think the Orioles are in better shape financially then they were in the early 2000's. MASN has put more money into the team,even if they are fighting over it.Remember $2.15 to $2.50 of every cable bill in MD from Comcast goes into the MASN coffers.

I wonder how that worked out in profits. Do you think they made 15 million a year to keep from that enterprise?

If they can't make $15M a year from MASN, then why don't they shut it down and sell the broadcasting rights for a lot more than 15M?

My understanding is that the net to the Orioles partners is about that. Plus the Orioles get the 40 million that their rights are supposedly worth as well.

Archived