Doping Scandal: Taylor Teagarden, Peyton Manning, Ryan Howard, Ryan Zimmerman, Others: Report

Rene88

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a stunning scene, Taylor Teagarden, an eight-year MLB veteran, appears in one of the undercover videos, openly discussing his use of performance-enhancing drugs during the previous season.

Thanks for the head's up.

...also names Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard and Washington Nationals infielder Ryan Zimmerman as players who received the drug from him.
“We just used Delta-2 because it wasn’t detectable.

Sly, who has “taken smart drugs to a whole new level,” according to Spletzer.

“The Dark Side” paints a picture of an underground marketplace where athletes can easily obtain drugs that are hard to detect even with sophisticated drug tests like those implemented by MLB

Man. I don't like this.

I'll get flamed for this I'm sure, but:

"I can take a guy with average genetics and make him a world champion."

That sentiment in and of itself is fine in my book, and should even be celebrated. But that it's relegated to the underground, makes the nature of the drugs highly questionable in terms of damage done.

Nothing is more entertaining than a good, old-fashioned pro athlete PED scandal. Long-lasting too.

Somehow the news that Taylor Teagarden was not only a participant, but a connoisseur is less than satisfying. Hilarious tho...

I have to say that to me the most frightening thing of all - more than the implications it has for professional sports far beyond MLB - is that we have to hear about this from Al Jazeera.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/article/investigative-report-links-peyton-manning-hgh-doping-ring

Manning's agent denied the allegations to Al Jazeera.

“The treatment he received at the Guyer Institute was provided on the advice of his physician and with the knowledge of team doctors and trainers.”

“Any medical treatment received by Ashley is a private matter of hers, her doctor, and her family,” the agent said.

Archived