Olney, Baltimore Wire, and Augusta Free Press: Chris Davis Should Consider a 1-Year Deal

FanSince88

The risk is not at the same level in both scenario's. Davis takes a one year deal and things go bad he will lose $50M+. If he matches his 2015 in 2016 is he some how worth more than 6/150? I do not think so. You would be rolling the dice a ton. If a player wants to risk tens of hundreds of millions for a few more I just laugh. It really is silly.
If he has another 40+HR season BOS, NY, and TOR, will offer more than 6/150 M to sign him.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he though? I'm hearing lots of crickets out there. The O's offer is off the table now. Who else is going to step up? Maybe he gets 4/100 if he's lucky.

I bet that some of the issue is the amount of money that the Orioles want to pay at a later date. If Boras turns down 7/150 for a one year deal then CD should fire him. Teams are not giving Davis $21M a year because he is not worth it to them. If Joey Vitto was a FA, you would hear about many of the big players being interested. All of the hitters are out there waiting for another hitter to sign. Then the agents can go to work.

Is he though? I'm hearing lots of crickets out there. The O's offer is off the table now. Who else is going to step up? Maybe he gets 4/100 if he's lucky.

Other teams can step in, you never know what they are working on and planning.

You can sure bet that the media and twitter trolls will have no idea as well. Don't forget that Boras is the best in the business.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Yankees name come into play.

Why? He hit more than 40 before. Teams know what he is capable of. If a big boy wanted him bad enough they could get him now. I am getting to the point where I am not sure that I want Davis back. I think that hurts Manny's money long term and IF he really wanted the deal he would have signed the 7/150 that Boras likely used to shop Davis to other teams.

If he has another 40+HR season BOS, NY, and TOR, will offer more than 6/150 M to sign him.

IF!!! It's also putting a crazy amount of pressure on yourself. The Cruz deal was to re-establish himself to the market after suspension. He needed it. Davis stock really can't get any higher. It could be horrible for him after turning down 150 mil!

Davis would be crazy not to sign a long-term deal this winter. Chances are he won't be as good in 2016 as he was in 2015. I don't think there has been an example of a player turning down a $100 mm+ contract to sign a one-year deal, has there?

Davis would be crazy not to sign a long-term deal this winter. Chances are he won't be as good in 2016 as he was in 2015. I don't think there has been an example of a player turning down a $100 mm+ contract to sign a one-year deal, has there?
He can't think that. Maybe we can. I am reminded of Adrain Beltre's pillow. http://nesn.com/2010/01/adrian-beltres-pillow-contract-could-be-a-success-for-all-parties-involved/

He wasn't a free agent but Ian Desmond bet on himself for a year and busted badly.

IF!!! It's also putting a crazy amount of pressure on yourself. The Cruz deal was to re-establish himself to the market after suspension. He needed it. Davis stock really can't get any higher. It could be horrible for him after turning down 150 mil!
Sure it can. What if BOS, TOR, CHW, and MFY are all bidding for him?

You really think that's anything other than legalese? If Davis came back to the Orioles and said he would take that offer, do you not think they would sign him?

This. And also the fact that he'll be another year older.

Archived