Davis' Mystery Team is ....Nationals? Tigers?

weams

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say again, Boras is not going to defeat Peter Angelos in a negotiation. Now if one wants to argue he already has with the offer that was (past tense) on the table, fine. However, ask MLB both before and after the Nationals arrived if Angelos is willing to drag negotiations out as long as it takes until the other side caves.

From the outside, it seems Peter's fondness for Davis is up against both his refusal to lose a negotiation and his tendency to avoid big long term contracts. The longer it drags on, the more I think the most likely outcome is something like Latos and Mourneau or Parra.

Agreed. So how can you say Tony Soprano hit the nail on the head when you agree that Boras has used Angelos' emotions against him in this negotiation? Tony S. said that Angelos would not lose in a negotiation. You said he hit the nail on the head. Now you say it is not a wise business decision.

The negotiation started and will end at 154. Mr Angelos will get the player he wants on the terms he proposed not 200 million.

Imagine if Boras and Davis were asking for $400MM? It could be the greatest discount contract ever negotiated.

Isn't that the business model of every big-box clothing store? Every time I need a shirt at Kohls or JC Penny it's amazing that I get one that's originally marked at $125 but regularly sold for $35 in one of the sales that apparently are 361 days a year and I got for $14.99 on the clearance rack. I saved $110.01, I'm brilliant!

Isn't that the business model of every big-box clothing store? Every time I need a shirt at Kohls or JC Penny it's amazing that I get one that's originally marked at $125 but regularly sold for $35 in one of the sales that apparently are 361 days a year and I got for $14.99 on the clearance rack. I saved $110.01, I'm brilliant!

http://www.learnvest.com/knowledge-center/theres-nothing-shoppers-hate-more-than-honest-prices/

If that’s the case, how do you explain the nosedive JC Penney’s profits took after their new CEO instituted an honest prices campaign, where the store declared it would stop engaging in standard, deceptive industry pricing practices like fine print, coupons, gimmicky sales and even prices ending in $0.99?

In the first quarter alone, they lost $163 million.

But who won the negotiation for the shirt?

Yea, that whole thing made me dislike humanity just a little bit more. You can have a shirt for $17, all stop. Or you can have the same shirt for $17 that someone told you was once priced at $89.99 but your ability to show up and bargain shop saved you $72.99 and got you a top-shelf shirt designed by a high-end NYC fashionista. Stupid humans.

So you think that's a win for Peter Angelos because he got him for less than the crazy amount Boras put out in public? LOL

It doesn't really matter what I think when you make an offer that you're willing to make and the other side eventually accepts it , you have won the negotiation. Whether you should've been negotiating were not in the first place. I am not saying that Chris Davis it's worth 150 million though.

So, any team that signs a player has won the negotiation under your terms.

If you make an initial offer and the other side counter offers and you stand firm and eventually the other side acquiesces to your initial deal you have absolutely won the negotiation. This coming from someone who was a professional negotiator for 30+ years.

Yea, that whole thing made me dislike humanity just a little bit more. You can have a shirt for $17, all stop. Or you can have the same shirt for $17 that someone told you was once priced at $89.99 but your ability to show up and bargain shop saved you $72.99 and got you a top-shelf shirt designed by a high-end NYC fashionista. Stupid humans.

I don't disagree but still kinda amazing.

Just like when folks complain about Christmas stuff being put on the shelves so early every year...while they are busy buying it.

Archived