Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

I just see this as a special investment. I don't see this as the new normal.

By special investment, do you mean that Mr. Angelos used some of his own fortune in this? I am not sure what you mean here Weams. Or do you just mean that CD was a favorite of ownership and that's why Angelos pushed so hard to get this done? I'm not furious but I am a little confused too.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG, it just keeps getting worse. Chris Davis is an Oriole for life it appears. I love watching that guy hit right now, but imagine what this might look like in 2021.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well maybe in year 4 of this contract he will develop a curious case of the Benjamin buttons.... and regress in age and hit like this...

DavisEffort3.gif.opt_.gif

Mendoza hit .215. Crush was under the Uecker line (.200).

I always thought Mendoza line was .200 and that neighborhood. He just could not hit to save his life that year. It's amazing that we walked away with the division two years ago looking back on it with such a key cog having a year like that.

No! You have to react emotionally and immediately without all the facts. This is a message board, not Nam. There are rules Dude.

They are the rules. I have been quick to criticize Davis on several levels. I am glad that the money was spent somewhere.

Well now we are the Philadelphia Phillies

Every long term contract we have signed is either already a disaster (Hardy) or will be a disaster (O'day and Wieters)

even Jones is in decline and won't be worth the 18M over his last couple of years

We spent a lot of money to lock up 30+ year players that will all decline

Davis is just not 160 million dollars good. All he does is hit HR's, low batting average, high strike outs and he doesn't play a defensive position of significance.

Would have been better off with Cespedes for 6/120

Who is going to play OF on this team? We are set up to be one of the slowest most un-athletic teams in ML baseball

a truly offensive defensive team. Can't wait to see Trumbo and Davis and Kim lumbering in the OF

We have locked up losing records for the next decade.

Well it's a good thing that Jones won't get paid $18M then.

We signed Wieters to a long term contract? I missed that.

Our defense is bad? Riigght.

You're right about Davis. All he does is hit homeruns. It's not like he got on base over 36% of the time last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought Mendoza line was .200 and that neighborhood. He just could not hit to save his life that year. It's amazing that we walked away with the division two years ago looking back on it with such a key cog having a year like that.

His OPS+ was 96 that season.

Someone posted a few days ago (it might've been vatech or Frobby) that Boras is a master at playing off the sentiments of owners. That appears to be exactly what he did here to Angelos. He got Angelos to bid well more than anyone else was offering (as far as we know) by taking advantage of Angelos' personal fondness for Davis.

Sigh. Boras wins again. And he also got 5/$70 for Ian Kennedy from the Royals somehow.

One wd have thought the Royals were smarter than that.

Archived