Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

Right. I mean we are dealing with people. I remember when we were rumored to be in the hunt for Carlos Lee some years back and it apparently came down to us and Houston. Well he chose Houston because he had a ranch in Texas though I'm sure he wasn't complaining about Texas not having a state income tax but the point is making contracts with players is no different from how we all approach trying to find our jobs- we have things like geographic preference, pay, etc. I mean it's a lot more money obviously but the fact is ultimately you're dealing with a person with needs. Now that said, I really do hope we can get a pitcher and perhaps another OFer. The corner outfield was a big disappointment last year with De Snider or whatever you want to call that and the starting pitching regressed as well.

tumblr_inline_nrq82l4d2s1tquy7n_540.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1,805 Targets in USA, total inventory is $10,374,000,000, so $5,747,358 in inventory per Target

WHICH MEANS

<a href="https://twitter.com/CrushD19">@CrushD19</a> can buy 28 Targets.</p>— KO (@KOttenheimer) <a href="

">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, it seems like a lot of people saved face here. Davis can say he got more than $150 mil. Boras can go bragging to the rest of his clients that he got CD more than $150 mil. PA gets his man. DD gets him and defers a nice chunk of change.

Archived