Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the end, I'm still surprised we managed to keep Chris Davis. Heading into the offseason it was a foregone conclusion that we only had a chance at O'Day (excluding lesser guys like Pearce).

Despite the questions we have about Davis' future, it's an historic Orioles deal and we get to say we kept our slugging 1B for once.

So writers,pundits and people on the Internet were wrong.Never happens.

The day these guys start getting 400/500 million dollar contracts to play baseball is the day I will stop watching/supporting MLB. Not saying it won't happen, but it's just ridiculous.

What? You prefer the owners to pocket all the money? They don't bring anything to the table except cash. The 750 best players in the world are the reason we watch this game. Not 30 old, fat, rich, white guys.

Im happy. Its ALL too much money for stupid stuff like sports?but if the money is there and THEY want to spend it its ok. We can say we could've used the money to do more, but Im not convinced this is OVER here.I think they may surprise you with another big signing. We will see. I don't say it WILL happen, but it MIGHT.

Matt surprising everyone accepting the QO, then signing O'Day and now CD... these are not normal times in Balmer. I think there's more to come. No reason to go this much overboard already (January 16th...) and not go the extra mile. FULL-ON mode!

And some folks thought that PA had learned his lesson and would let his baseball people run things...

I HATE this part about the deal! But it got us CD back for a buttload of money Angelos never would have spent. Skews the efficiency rate but blasts up the commitment from ownership.

I HATE this part about the deal! But it got us CD back for a buttload of money Angelos never would have spent. Skews the efficiency rate but blasts up the commitment from ownership.

I can guarantee you, if we are five games back of the wild card at the deadline, we are NOT trading Bonilla and Wells.

This is an A+ offseason for the O's front office. I've said it the past couple of months. Yeah we lost Chen and MW took the qualifying offers but we've actually spent the money to keep guys. The bullpen is great. The lineup is really good, maybe great. The starting pitching has a lot of potential to improve. Now it's time to watch DD work his magic and get us some depth guys. I like our guys.

Archived