Corner OF?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find just stats on LF and RF, but here is the WAR put up by the players we had there:

Reimold: 0.5

Pearce: 0.3 (Granted, some of this might be some other position)

Alvarez: 0.1

Snider: 0.1

Urrutia: 0.1

De Aza: -0.3

Lake: -0.5

This is a grand total of: 0.3

Maybe I have this off and someone can correct this.

I can't find just stats on LF and RF' date=' but here is the WAR put up by the players we had there:

Reimold: 0.5

Pearce: 0.3 (Granted, some of this might be some other position)

Alvarez: 0.1

Snider: 0.1

Urrutia: 0.1

De Aza: -0.3

Lake: -0.5

This is a grand total of: 0.3

Maybe I have this off and someone can correct this.[/quote']

You left off Dan's big acquisition for the playoff push.

Parra- -1.1 WAR

My Korean baseball friends say Kim's ability to hit situationally is going to ensure he does a lot better than what we had last year. The YouTube videos do seem to show he can adjust his swing more than we're used to seeing on the Orioles, outside of what Kakes and Cruz used to do for us.

Honestly our best option is to play Davis in RF this year. Have Reimold and Kim platoon in LF. Trumbo at 1st and then sign Pedro Alvarez to a 1 year deal to DH. Alvarez would be in a perfect position. He can DH. Focus on hitting. He'd be in a good HR hitting park, a good park for LH's and in a stacked lineup where teams couldn't focus on him. We'd get more production out of signing Alvarez and DH'ing him than bringing in one of the other remaining FA's or doing the Norfolk shuttle with RF again. That wasn't fun last year.

Machado 3B

Kim LF

Jones CF

Davis RF

Trumbo 1B

Alvarez DH

MW C

Schoop 2B

Hardy SS

Josheph C

Flaherty Util

Reimold OF

Rickard OF

That's arguably a top 3 lineup in MLB. Alvarez could easily bat 2nd. He only hit into 6 double plays all of last year. We could put an end to the OF carousel that started last year. This year we are already planning on that with 9 OF's currently on the 40 man. This gives us more of a set lineup and that allows us to be able to keep a guy like Rickard. Rickard's main role would be to come in as a defensive replacement in the OF and bump Davis to 1B late in games.

Hopefully we wouldn't lose both Hoes and Paredes to waivers. But we'd still have D.Alvarez, Urrutia, X.Avery as depth in AAA if we did.

Archived