Lets Have Some Fun...

millertime

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favorite year also. I don't think any sports team will ever top the 2012 O's for me.

It goes to show you that a favorite team doesn't necessarily have to be a champion. Granted I've never been alive for an O's WS win but that year was yeah so special. Every acted like we'd lose 100 games. We nearly took the Yankees for the division and then took them the full five games in the ALDS. Being at Game one of the ALDS was one of the greatest days of my life as an O's fan. It was all my childhood disappointments reversed as an adult. OPACY has become such a more fun place for a game sicne we've become respectable. The tailgating atmosphere.

Past and present favorite Orioles.

Jamie Moyer (don't know if he counts, as he became an All Star 20-game winner after he left the Os)

Alan Mills. We became friends when I used to sit by the bullpen.

Jeff Manto

Harold Baines

Mark Williamson

Mike Devereaux

BJ Surhoff

Chris Hoiles

Mark MacLemore

Todd Frohwirth

Nate McLouth

Darren O'Day (love those underhanded types)

Miguel Gonzalez

Jonathan Schoop

Caleb Joseph

And of course you know I'd get to him: Ubaldo Jimenez

Trying to span a few generations:

Moe Drawbowsky for his 1966 WS performance and practical jokes

Elrod Hendricks for his kindness to kids

John Lowenstein for his hair

Alan Mills because he has your back

Caleb Joseph because he didn't quit

It goes to show you that a favorite team doesn't necessarily have to be a champion. Granted I've never been alive for an O's WS win but that year was yeah so special. Every acted like we'd lose 100 games. We nearly took the Yankees for the division and then took them the full five games in the ALDS. Being at Game one of the ALDS was one of the greatest days of my life as an O's fan. It was all my childhood disappointments reversed as an adult. OPACY has become such a more fun place for a game sicne we've become respectable. The tailgating atmosphere.

I was at Game One too. Two hour rain delay and not a single person left. Not an empty seat when the game started. And it was freezing.

I was at Game One too. Two hour rain delay and not a single person left. Not an empty seat when the game started. And it was freezing.

Yeah I remember that night. I went with my dad, youngest brother, and a friend of my Dad's. My Dad's friend wanted to duck out and I said no way since I had waited for that moment fifteen years. Even though we lost that game, it was a special moment just like being at Game 1 of the ALCS which I went to alone two years ago.

Geronimo Gil "the Chief"

Mr. Marlin Jeff Conine

Jose Leon

Lou Montanez who IIRC was a very good writer as well

Rodrigo Lopez

Tony Batista

Bruce Chen

Daniel Cabrera

George Sherrill aka Terry Francona's go to all star game pitcher

Koji

Buddy Groom

Machado, that's Robert Machado