Latos to White Sox

TheBee

Here is something we can be sure of: some pitcher who was signed very cheaply will have a very good year, and there will be posters criticizing our front office for not signing that pitcher. Maybe it will be Latos, maybe Fister, maybe some other guy.

All I can say about Latos is that there must be some very serious question marks about his health. You don't get marked down to $3 mm because people don't like your clubhouse demeanor. Nor do you get marked down that far because you present some moderate medical risk, like Fister. This is what you pay for a guy who has less than a 50% chance of being healthy this season.

Jason Hammel has the knee issues, and it sure has hampered parts of several seasons.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem. I never had interest in Latos anyway. The guy is a health risk with the knee issue, and he is a bit of a jerk. Nope, I would not even talk to his group. Fister would not have passed an Orioles physical, I doubt Latos would either. I do not have any issues with a pass on this guy.

Both Fister and Latos had health issues. They may not have been interested in taking an O's Physical and failing.

Probably the most likely answer. The guy has injury issues and clubhouse issues here recently. Plus we're not a good fit for pitchers looking to take 1 year deals and prove their values. Not in the AL East.

Lots of factors at play here. There's a reason he only got a 1/3million deal. On to the next option.

Archived