Which would you prefer?

Stotle

Better approach?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Better approach?

• Gallardo/Fowler (minus two 1st Rd picks)
    • Heyward (minus one 1st Rd pick)
    • Upton (minus one 1st Rd pick)
    • Zimmerman (minus one 1st Rd pick)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. You can assume in-house solution if you need to in order to answer the question.

I'm sorry, but I can't see a reasonable way to make this comparison. You could reasonably compare the Heyward and Upton signings to the Davis signing, I suppose, but none of the Heyward, Upton and Zimmermann signings can really be compared to signing Gallardo plus Fowler in any logical manner. They just aren't similar players and contracts at all, IMO.

I'm sorry, but I can't see a reasonable way to make this comparison. You could reasonably compare the Heyward and Upton signings to the Davis signing, I suppose, but none of the Heyward, Upton and Zimmermann signings can really be compared to signing Gallardo plus Fowler in any logical manner. They just aren't similar players and contracts at all, IMO.

Noted. Sorry not to have your further thoughts.

I voted for Heyward because I had a brainfart and thought you were talking about Ryan Zimmermann instead of Jordan Zimmermann. I would have sacrificed the first round pick for Jordan Zimmermann without a doubt. He's very durable and consistent. You can count on him for 30+ starts, 190+ innings like clockwork. He would have been a great stabilizing force in the rotation.

With Machado having 3 years to go, I do think the brevity of the term for this 20-25M AAV is applicable here.

In 2019, I could see the club carrying two $20M+ individuals in Davis and Machado, but three is pushing it.

As I see it we're assembling Manny's supporting cast. Maybe the time is now to look at a Gausman extension.

Archived