The Nationals are overrated and they're headed for a fall. This month they've feasted on MLB's worst: Twins (Exb.). Braves. Marlins. Braves. Phillies. Marlins. Twins.

Starting this week they're going up against the Cardinals, Royals, Cubs and Tigers. Sure their SOS and mediocre division are probably going to net them at least a wildcard berth, but they won't get beyond the NLDS (as usual).

Yeah, credit where credit is due in winning those games but there are at least a half-dozen other teams that would have come out of that schedule with similar records.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

(APRIL 28th)

The Phillies swept the Nationals in Washington.

They shut them out in back-to-back games, last night and tonight.

The Nationals' offense has not scored a run in 23 innings, since the bottom of the 5th inning on Tuesday night.

The best part of that game came in the eighth inning when, with two outs, Elvis Araujo inexplicably walked Anthony Rendon to load the bases in front of Harper. Elvis then proceeded to strike out Harper on three pitches.

Looks like I was wrong again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stephen Strasburg has signed a "significant long-term extension" with the Nationals, according to a person familiar with the situation.</p>— Chelsea Janes (@chelsea_janes) <a href="

">May 10, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman">@JonHeyman</a>, Strasburg extension is seven years, $175M.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

25 per.

MA$N money.

Looks like I was wrong again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stephen Strasburg has signed a "significant long-term extension" with the Nationals, according to a person familiar with the situation.</p>— Chelsea Janes (@chelsea_janes) <a href="

Two year opt out. Blew the record for FA contract with TJ surgery out of the water with addition 65 million from top.

I would never have believed that Boras would have allowed this. Again, I was wrong. Maybe Manny will sign an extension. I would have guaranteed not.

I'm more surprised the Nats put this type of commitment out there for a TJ guy.

PR for when Harper bolts?

This squad is going to be real real good in 2017. Scherzer,Strasburg,Gio,Ross,Giolito,Roark with a small army of Feede,Voth,Cole and Lopez coming soon.

They're going to add Trea Turner at SS and at some point in 2017 they're going to add the guy who is going to be the #1 prospect in baseball in 2017 Victor Robles.

If they were to go to the Brewers and get them take on the last year of Werth's contract along with prospects for Braun, they'd be scary good.

1B-Zimmerman

2B-Murphy

SS-Trea

3B-Rendon

RF-Harper

LF-Braun

CF-Robles

C-Ramos

That rotation is better than the Cubs and if Zimmerman and Rendon get it together could be at least competitive with the Cubs.

Archived