Why was Bryce Harper ejected tonight? I was watching live and still have no clue what the heck happened.

He was ejected for arguing balls and strikes.

But that's just the beginning.

After his teammate hit a walk-off home run to win the game, Harper ran on the field to celebrate with his teammates ...... which as far as I know, you are not allowed to do once you've been ejected from the game.

AND, he proceeded to scream "**** YOU" at the umpire as he was celebrating with his teammates ....... all of which while the television cameras were focused right on Harper's mouth.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After his teammate hit a walk-off home run to win the game, Harper ran on the field to celebrate with his teammates ...... which as far as I know, you are not allowed to do once you've been ejected from the game.

AND, he proceeded to scream "**** YOU" at the umpire as he was celebrating with his teammates ....... all of which while the television cameras were focused right on Harper's mouth.

He was arguing balls and strikes over a teammate's at-bat, from the dugout? In a way that actually got the ump's attention? I was watching live on MASN and they didn't show anything, so it was confusing.

You kinda have to suspend him for that right?

Going onto the field after being ejected and then showing gross disrespect for the umps.

Seems to me a one game suspension would be in order.

Unless of course the ban ends the second the game is official.

How many games did Ortiz get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Yankees game the other night when he ran back onto the field after being ejected and showing gross disrespect for an umpire.

For whatever reason going onto the field in response to an ejection is allowed. Not saying I agree with it but it isn't a solid comparison.

For whatever reason going onto the field in response to an ejection is allowed. Not saying I agree with it but it isn't a solid comparison.

Citation? There's a codified rule that states an ejected player is allowed to walk to the dugout and then turn around and sprint at the umpire?

Citation?

For guys running onto the field in response to being ejected? You are kidding right? If a player or manager gets ejected while in the dugout it is not at all uncommon to see them run on the field and converse with the umps.

For guys running onto the field in response to being ejected? You are kidding right? If a player or manager gets ejected while in the dugout it is not at all uncommon to see them run on the field and converse with the umps.

Farrell was still in the dugout while Ortiz was going off, he had been ejected the prior pitch, where's the suspension?

The game was over when Harper returned. Two pitches elapsed from his ejection.

He said a dirty word to an ump. Ortiz ran after the ump.

Citation? There's a codified rule that states an ejected player is allowed to walk to the dugout and then turn around and sprint at the umpire?

I never said codified rule, I said it was allowed.

He was ejected, the ejection was processed, he came back out and he was openly profane.

To me it falls more under what Valentine did, and he got a two game suspension.

Once again if the ejection ends the second the game is officially over that changes things, I admit to never perusing the exact wording of the rule in question.

Archived