Gallardo - Roch: deal is DONE (signed)

weams

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might hear James Shields name resurface. If they don't have to give up much, I'm ok with that.

If Gallardo falls through this is what I think the team does -- return to trade talks. I am concerned about what they would give up in desperation.

Still would prefer Wood or Santiago.

Kyle Loshe on a MiL deal? Trade for Alex Wood?

What is the knock on Loshe at this point? I know he had a horrid 2015 season but each of his three prior seasons were very good. I thought he was hurt last season then accumulated a 5-13 record and 22 starts and 150 IP.

What is the knock on Loshe at this point? I know he had a horrid 2015 season but each of his three prior seasons were very good. I thought he was hurt last season then accumulated a 5-13 record and 22 starts and 150 IP.

I'm guessing because he's 36 and probably running out of gas. Wouldn't be a bad guy to bring in on a minor league deal.

I kind of like Justin Masterson on a minor league deal. I'd even like him if we DO bring in Gallardo.

They have to figure this out in the next CBA. Every free agent should receive a full and complete physical to the most exacting standards prior to negotiating contracts. Have the costs of these physicals come out of the general funds of the teams since they would be the ones paying for the physicals after the players have signed. If the contracts are pending physicals anyway, why make teams that perform complete physicals look bad?

Odd stuff. I'm not sure how to read this.

The medical issue and his contract being in jeopardy is "really unfortunate", that's true. For him, for the team that thought they were going to get a good, healthy pitcher. It's unfortunate to have your name out there as potential damaged goods.

It's the second quote - "apparently pretty serious" - that I don't know how to read. Is his MRI pretty serious? Apparently not, according to Britt. So does that just mean the situation in general is pretty serious, enough to cause the O's to want to restructure?

Who knows! Certainly not Gammons and certainly not any of the Orioles pitchers he talked to[/b][/b], I would think.

I wonder if those O's pitchers being referenced here are Mike Wright and Vance Worley :D

If I recall, someone mentioned he never threw 100 pitches. As for Chen and gonzo, they appeared gassed.

yet some posters were Okay giving 100+ million for Chen.

I saw 118 pitches for Gallardo last season, when looking at the game logs and 5 above 100 in June.

You know what I didnt see, early hooks for being hammered.

He threw under 90 pitches, twice, 87 and 88.

I see 6 starts in Sept, when the team was in the playoff hunt.

he was 2-2 and the team won the other 2 games, he got no decisions on.

After they just lost the same pick for Fowler too. Maybe the issue is tied more to paying a pitcher $35M for the next three years only to have him not be able to pitch for a third or more of the contract. These guys Crack me up.

Exactly. If he is injured move on. It makes sense he was injured. The Rangers didn't try to sign him. No one was offering him anything in free agency. He has a pretty good track record.

They have to figure this out in the next CBA. Every free agent should receive a full and complete physical to the most exacting standards prior to negotiating contracts. Have the costs of these physicals come out of the general funds of the teams since they would be the ones paying for the physicals after the players have signed. If the contracts are pending physicals anyway, why make teams that perform complete physicals look bad?

What if a player gets injured between the time they take the initial physical and when they sign the contract? I think you would have a hard time convincing the owners that they can't perform a physical on a guy they are about to sign to a huge contract. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it's going to be a big sticking point for a lot of owners if that is how the players want it.

I was gonna say that would have been a shrewd move by the O's... sort of a "slight of hand" attempt to sign someone losing the 14th pick, signing someone and forfeiting the other pick only to go back on the first deal.

Kinda sucks that we'd lose the pick and not sign Gallardo. It makes signing him almost a priority if you ask me.

Archived