Gallardo - Roch: deal is DONE (signed)

weams

1) The info on Gallardo and Fowler was right on the money. I was skeptical at first but appreciated it, because the numbers were accurate and as it turns out, it didn't give me false hope.

2) Mods were curiously absent for a thread blowing up and getting ugly. They don't have to vet, but at least keep it civil.

3) Someone needed a Snickers last night.

4) The Gallardo deal looks pretty good considering the fact that it's still, you know, Gallardo. Play ball!

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sir_Loin, if I may ask one more question (which you may or may not know anything about) but do you think this closes the book on additions to the roster?

Could they still pursue Alvarez for the bench? or a MiL deal with another OF to compete with Rickard for a bench spot?

Thanks as always and don't let the skeptics scare you off. Better to ignore than to engage.

The only roster moves coming will.be removals. Doubt there are any more additions.

• 4 weeks later...

www,masnsports.com Roch

It went well," Gallardo said this morning. "It's feeling better. Getting more ground balls, which is a good sign. It means keeping the ball down in the zone. And I was able to work on some things. I was good all around."

Gallardo had to supply his own intensity. It wasn't churning from the opposition in an intimate setting at Twin Lakes Park.

"Sometimes, it can be (difficult)," said Gallardo, who's allowed eight runs and eight hits in 4 1/3 innings in two Grapefruit League starts against the Phillies. "Yesterday wasn't a good day to begin with. It was a little bit colder than normal and the wind was pretty bad, but the most important thing is, no matter where you're throwing, you've still got to go out there and make pitches and get your work in. Overall, it was a good day.

"It was different. It's the one day that's been different this whole spring, but that's how baseball is. No matter what the situation is, you've still got to go out there and perform."

Archived